Best Concert

Feel free to discuss appropriate non-BYU/Sports related topics here. We ask you to respect other users, the Church, avoid soapbox postings, and keep it clean.
scott715
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Best Concert

Post by scott715 »

Imagine you could any band in their prime with all band members. Who would you choice? I can make a list of candidates. The show might not be the same par as their music which I do not know a lot about. Any ways I can’t make up my mind.

Some possibilities.

B-52s
Talking Heads
Queen
David Bowie
Men at Work
Boston
Cars
Tom Petty

Mars
Retired

Re: Best Concert

Post by Mars »

I saw Tom Petty live in '98. It was awesome.

Mars Cauthon, Prince of the Cougars!
Resident board douchebag.
https://twitter.com/#!/eldermars
hawkwing
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by hawkwing »

Oingo Boingo, of course.

snoscythe
Retired

Post by snoscythe »

Queen, Van Halen, Third Eye Blind, Nirvana, and INXS round out my top 5.

Mars
Retired

Post by Mars »

I saw Third Eye Blind live 2 years ago. They were still pretty damn good. Better than I had expected.

Mars Cauthon, Prince of the Cougars!
Resident board douchebag.
https://twitter.com/#!/eldermars
snoscythe
Retired

Post by snoscythe »

Mars wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 10:05 am I saw Third Eye Blind live 2 years ago. They were still pretty damn good. Better than I had expected.
I saw them in 1997 with the original members at Texas Motor Speedway, and it was the best stage show I ever saw. Only part of the concert that outdid 3EB was seeing Jewel get brained with a frisbee on her opening set and storm off.

Third Eye Blind is still a fantastic live show, but they need Kevin Cadogan back.

BoiseBYU
All Star
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by BoiseBYU »

This will date me, but I actually saw David Bowie back in the 70's (!!) He put on quite a show. Also worth the price of admission was the people who attended and their costumes. Let's just say there were some very weird people back then. My friend and I came dressed in levis and sweaters...We were the outliers. I have never seen so many people adorned with antennas, or painted silver, or wearing 18 inch high heels. In the end a good time was had by all....

screamineagle2
Recruit
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by screamineagle2 »

hawkwing wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 8:44 am Oingo Boingo, of course.
I second this I saw Oingo Boingo multiple times and every show was awesome.The Smiths put on a great show. If you are looking for family friendly and fun my kids and I love the Aquabats.As for my show that I missed and wish I had seen The Who and the Clash played together didnt get to go I couldnt get a ride dooooooh.

crazycougar84601
BLUEshirt

Post by crazycougar84601 »

Best Concert I went to (Non Smashing Pumpkins) was surprisingly Kieth Urban at USANA. He put on a really great show and for myself not being a big country fan found myself coming away impressed at his energy and charisma with the audience.

Best Concert Smashing Pumpkins was at in the venue or Saltair....small places, packed to the rims, good times.

I spend way too much on concerts apparently because i started thinking about all the shows i've seen. No Doubt puts on a really good show. Weezer as well. I saw Page & Plant awhile back, really cool to hear the classics from those guys.

Concerts I missed....U2 with Rage would have been fun, Tom Petty, Paul McCartney at Rio Tinto would have been cool.

Concerts I wished I missed....all the country my wife drags me too (in all fairness i drag her to all the BYU games), Sarah Evans, Gary Allen, Toby Kieth, Little Texas, Some guy i never heard of and his amazing band, Kip Moore....but Carrie Underwood was actually pretty good....my days as a security guard for N Sync.

The Ratt/Ted Nugent show was something else and who could forget the Orem Scera Shell presentation of Survivor! It was awesome! they played one song and left because of rain. and we all waited and waited and waited hoping to hear eye of the tiger.

SpiffCoug
TV Analyst

Post by SpiffCoug »

1999. 5th row floor/field seats at Rice-Eccles for *NSYNC.

I was the assistant manager at an Arctic Circle and three female employees, who were still in high school, wanted to go to the concert. Their parents wouldn't let them drive that far. They offered to buy me a ticket, pay for parking and gas if I drove them to the concert.

So me and JT are pretty tight.

BYU PER W/L Since 1972: 432-76 (.850)
(8.4x
YDS)+(330xTD)+(100xCOM)-(200xINT)
..................ATT
SpiffCoug's posts are BB-8 approved!