I Love Miles as a Person...

BYU Cougars on the court.
Italics
Heisman Winner
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

I Love Miles as a Person...

Post by Italics »

absolutely HATE his guts as a basketball player.

Scattered thoughts:

- Jimmer has repeatedly given him great set ups, and he cannot convert
- He's sheepish. Too afraid to go up strong
- When he does shoot, it's some dumba$$ fade away or hook shot
- Butter fingers, can't hold onto a rebound
- Can't box out

I could go on.

The more I see... the less I believe
The more I hear... the less I care
BroncoBot
Retired

Re: I Love Miles as a Person...

Post by BroncoBot »

Italics wrote:absolutely HATE his guts as a basketball player.

Scattered thoughts:

- Can't box out

I could go on.
I love him as a player cause he's a cougar, doing the best he can, and frankly is the best we have.

Keep rocking Miles.

BYUROCKS
Junior
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by BYUROCKS »

declocoug wrote:

Scattered thoughts:

- Can't box out

I could go on.
I love him as a player cause he's a cougar, doing the best he can, and frankly is the best we have.

Keep rocking Miles.
Rocking ? 0/3 FG, 1/2 FT, 2 Reb, 2 TO, 2 PF

BroncoBot
Retired

Post by BroncoBot »

BYUROCKS wrote:
declocoug wrote:

Scattered thoughts:

- Can't box out

I could go on.

Keep rocking Miles.
Rocking ? 0/3 FG, 1/2 FT, 2 Reb, 2 TO, 2 PF
You guys are right. I forgot that Chris Miles was supposed to put up 20-10 stats every game and never foul and never let any opponent touch the ball. And score every time he touches it. :roll:

He had a bad game. So what? He's also part of the reason BYU is 20-2.

byutx
All-American

Post by byutx »

Don't forget his 12-inch vertical!

mizzoucoug
Pro

Post by mizzoucoug »

Someone explain to me why we can't recruit tall, explosive, scoring, shot-blocking true big men like just about every other team (mid-major and non) that I see on TV year after year? Are the ones that go to the U LDS and we're just losing the recruiting battle? I'm telling you, we are a top 5 team with an average 6'10" player who can scare shots, and dunk the ball in traffic. That's the difference between us and the elite.

BroncoBot
Retired

Post by BroncoBot »

mizzoucoug wrote:Someone explain to me why we can't recruit tall, explosive, scoring, shot-blocking true big men like just about every other team (mid-major and non) that I see on TV year after year? Are the ones that go to the U LDS and we're just losing the recruiting battle? I'm telling you, we are a top 5 team with an average 6'10" player who can scare shots, and dunk the ball in traffic. That's the difference between us and the elite.
Before we get ahead of ourselves, let me just ask this. What MWC centers are consistently better than Miles? I really don't know, just wondering. I haven't seen any that "scare shots and dunk the ball in traffic".

Where are all these excellent defensive centers when Fredette comes to town?

byutx
All-American

Post by byutx »

mizzoucoug wrote:Someone explain to me why we can't recruit tall, explosive, scoring, shot-blocking true big men like just about every other team (mid-major and non) that I see on TV year after year? Are the ones that go to the U LDS and we're just losing the recruiting battle? I'm telling you, we are a top 5 team with an average 6'10" player who can scare shots, and dunk the ball in traffic. That's the difference between us and the elite.
Because they're aren't any guys like the one you described.. There are probably less than 10 great big men in the country at any given point. Heck, not even every NBA team has one.

What I want to know is why we can't recruit an 8-footer that can dunk, rebound, shoot 3's, move the ball around in BB and throw 30 TD's and 4 picks in FB!

mizzoucoug
Pro

Post by mizzoucoug »

byutx wrote:
Because they're aren't any guys like the one you described.. There are probably less than 10 great big men in the country at any given point. Heck, not even every NBA team has one.

What I want to know is why we can't recruit an 8-footer that can dunk, rebound, shoot 3's, move the ball around in BB and throw 30 TD's and 4 picks in FB!
I don't think I'm asking for too much. Like I said, an average big man who is a threat to score and does the other things a big man should be able to do at the D-1 level. I don't know what other games you guys watch but I see one of these players on just about every other game I watch. Heck, I'll cite Hardeman who we saw tonight. All I'm saying is to have a guy who can compliment our team by scoring when he gets the ball--we dont' need Tim Duncan. We just need someone to fill the lane and dunk the ball when he gets a dish near or under the basket. That's it!

bigbluepuma
All-American
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by bigbluepuma »

mizzoucoug wrote:
byutx wrote:

I don't think I'm asking for too much. Like I said, an average big man who is a threat to score and does the other things a big man should be able to do at the D-1 level. I don't know what other games you guys watch but I see one of these players on just about every other game I watch. Heck, I'll cite Hardeman who we saw tonight. All I'm saying is to have a guy who can compliment our team by scoring when he gets the ball--we dont' need Tim Duncan. We just need someone to fill the lane and dunk the ball when he gets a dish near or under the basket. That's it!
Bad game for Miles tonight. I've seen him do that pretty consistantly in some other games.