Anyone Willing to Believe me Now?

BYU Cougars on the court.
BroncoBot
Retired
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: Anyone Willing to Believe me Now?

Post by BroncoBot »

If it was merely a 14 point loss I could swallow it. The way BYU lost was downright pitiful.

clemdiggitydog1
BLUEshirt
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by clemdiggitydog1 »

FurriousCougar wrote:No, I'm not even close to believing it. -

Again, this is all fairly ridiculous.

I just can't help but think that most people on here don't watch enough college basketball.

As a matter of fact, anyone who watches even a remote amount of hoops, outside of BYU, would know that a 14 pt. loss to UNLV on the road is not a bad loss, does not mean that our team is not "elite", and CERTAINLY does not mean that we won't win a tournament game.

Dumbest thing I've ever heard.
guess we'll have to agree to disagree then,but i'll hope you're right and i'm wrong because that means we've broken the now 4 game first- round losing streak,which i'm all in for.

CDH
Recruit

Post by CDH »

I see your point! So does that mean that our 22 wins are flukes that we are not that good of a team! Every good team in the country has and will lose conferences games on the road! Maybe I am the only one who doesn't judge our season on the tournament or how many games we win it! Sure it would be nice to win a couple of games in the tourny but I am not going to say the whole season was a waste because we lost in the first round.

clemdiggitydog1
BLUEshirt

Post by clemdiggitydog1 »

CDH wrote:I see your point! So does that mean that our 22 wins are flukes that we are not that good of a team! Every good team in the country has and will lose conferences games on the road! Maybe I am the only one who doesn't judge our season on the tournament or how many games we win it! Sure it would be nice to win a couple of games in the tourny but I am not going to say the whole season was a waste because we lost in the first round.
OK,but the tourney{the only true national championship tourney currently available to BYU]is the big enchilada,and really ,fortunately or not,the barometer by which most teams are going to be judged,and this is where the monkey is truly on our backs now.I agree with Craigo by the way, that Haws seems to have hit the freshman wall,and we're likely to see more of Charles moving forward.

BroncoBot
Retired

Post by BroncoBot »

Again, did you see the way BYU lost on the road?? It wasn't just that they lost, if it was another @NM loss (4 points and in the game till the end) it would be one thing. To answer your question, YES!! that loss does put our whole resume in jeopardy when it comes in front of the selection committee. It gives them one more huge reason to knock BYU's seeding down. And to your other point, if BYU wins 30 games and can't get out of the first round, it would be a wasted year. I can't imagine how down the seniors and Juniors would be after working all year and losing in the first round. If you don't think that is a team goal this year, you're kidding yourself.

That loss hurt. Good team or not, BYU will pay for that one.

Sammich
Senior

Post by Sammich »

A breakdown for Italics:

Being down on the team after losing a big game=Understandable but shortsighted

Being Constantly Pessimistic=Not my favorite posters but well-within their Hawkwing-given rights

Using every bad performance to support your long-standing vendetta against individuals on the team=Rustyshacklefordism, pure and simple.

BroncoBot
Retired

Post by BroncoBot »

Sammich wrote:A breakdown for Italics:

Being Constantly Pessimistic=Not my favorite posters but well-within their Hawkwing-given rights

Using every bad performance to support your long-standing vendetta against individuals on the team=Rustyshacklefordism, pure and simple.
:lol:

SpiffCoug
TV Analyst

Post by SpiffCoug »

Only a fool would place more emphasis on one game than on the previous 24.

That said, I'm going to chalk this loss up to UNLV playing great. I don't think BYU is as bad as they looked today nor is UNLV as good as they looked today. UNLV was shooting .313 from behind the arc before today. They were 12-23 (.522) today but started 9 of 11 (.818).

Seriously, are you kidding me!? 9 of 11. That's unrepeatable. Now watch UNLV go a combined 4 of 37 against New Mexico and San Diego St and lose both games.

BYU PER W/L Since 1972: 432-76 (.850)
(8.4x
YDS)+(330xTD)+(100xCOM)-(200xINT)
..................ATT
SpiffCoug's posts are BB-8 approved!
CDH
Recruit

Post by CDH »

I think it would hurt them if they had lost to a sub par team! But this is not a sub par team they may end the season with 20 + wins! I know it is a team goal it has been for years but you cant throw out all the other wins all year just cause you don't get 1 in the tourney! I am suprised by how many people thought we would only lose 1 game in the conference this year! There has been alot of great teams in this conference the last few years who could not do it. We could still drop 1 more. When this is all said and done if we end up with 5-7 seed I think we can win in the tourney!

hawkwing
TV Analyst

Post by hawkwing »

Sammich wrote:A breakdown for Italics:

:lol: :lol: I love it!

Agree with everything you said.