Offense

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
BroncoBot
Retired
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Offense

Post by BroncoBot »

Who is running it?
Its palpably different the last 2 weeks.

SpiffCoug
TV Analyst

Re: Offense

Post by SpiffCoug »

Grimes also moved down to the field.That's a change seems to have worked as well.

BYU PER W/L Since 1972: 432-76 (.850)
(8.4x
YDS)+(330xTD)+(100xCOM)-(200xINT)
..................ATT
SpiffCoug's posts are BB-8 approved!
frdbtr
Over-Achiever
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by frdbtr »

Grimes is running the offense. Always was and always will be. I think they have just gotten more aggressive with the plays and less cute, especially in the red zone. I don't believe myths that when the offense is succeeding that someone else has secretly taken over play calling. Kalani has been working with the defense but Tuiaki is still calling the plays, not Kalani.

hawkwing
TV Analyst

Post by hawkwing »

Criddle claims that it's a collaborative effort, if it's a run play it's a Grimes call, pass plays are called by Rodderick. Who determines if it's a run or pass play is a little unclear.

frdbtr
Over-Achiever

Post by frdbtr »

hawkwing wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 9:30 am Criddle claims that it's a collaborative effort, if it's a run play it's a Grimes call, pass plays are called by Rodderick. Who determines if it's a run or pass play is a little unclear.
Grimes said on coordinators corner that it has been a "collaborative effort" since he arrived. I think the coaches made a conscious effort to be more aggressive and moved Grimes onto the field to keep the guys motivated but nothing other than that has changed. We had these same conspiracy theories back in 10 about who was calling plays because everyone thought when the offense looked good Doman was calling the plays instead of Anae and we all learned that was total BS after Anae left.

byufan4ever
Heisman Winner

Post by byufan4ever »

What do you think Grimes is going to say? I got demoted? Take it for what it's worth, but someone on a BYU FB group with supposedly first hand knowledge says it's Arod calling the offense and Sitake calling the defense since Boise St.

"life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it." - Charles Swindoll
NCAA Tournament > empty wins
snoscythe
Retired

Post by snoscythe »

byufan4ever wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 9:53 am What do you think Grimes is going to say? I got demoted? Take it for what it's worth, but someone on a BYU FB group with supposedly first hand knowledge says it's Arod calling the offense and Sitake calling the defense since Boise St.
Grimes getting dressed down by Kalani in the locker room in front of the team was the initial step in this "collaborative" effort.

a1247
Heisman Winner
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by a1247 »

snoscythe wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 10:44 am
byufan4ever wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 9:53 am What do you think Grimes is going to say? I got demoted? Take it for what it's worth, but someone on a BYU FB group with supposedly first hand knowledge says it's Arod calling the offense and Sitake calling the defense since Boise St.
Grimes getting dressed down by Kalani in the locker room in front of the team was the initial step in this "collaborative" effort.
If this is really what is happening then I'm sure at the end of the season Grimes will either find another job or not have his contact extended for next season. Arod and probably Fesi Sitaki will be handed the offense to run. And if this is Arod's offensive play calling we are seeing then I'm ok with that.

frdbtr
Over-Achiever

Post by frdbtr »

Yep, and in 2010, It was Doman calling the plays when the offense was playing well, and was the one who wanted Heaps to start, Anae wanted Nelson. At least that is what the "in the know" sources said back then. :whistle:

byufan4ever
Heisman Winner

Post by byufan4ever »

frdbtr wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 9:21 pm Yep, and in 2010, It was Doman calling the plays when the offense was playing well, and was the one who wanted Heaps to start, Anae wanted Nelson. At least that is what the "in the know" sources said back then. :whistle:
I don't think I've seen you mention that yet...What happened back in 2010 again?

"life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it." - Charles Swindoll
NCAA Tournament > empty wins