Chris Peterson just stepped down as Washington's Head Coach

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
blue42
Senior
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Chris Peterson just stepped down as Washington's Head Coach

Post by blue42 »

WOW hard to believe it. I know they struggled a little this year compared to his previous years but he is only 55 years old. He is staying with the program though as a "leadership advisory role"

Things just keep getting easier for the :utard:

Gunk
Over-Achiever
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Re: Chris Peterson just stepped down as Washington's Head Coach

Post by Gunk »

Maybe he wants to do the impossible and try turning a school around like BYU.

Follow me to nowhere twitter.com/gakunkel
KingCoug
All-American

Post by KingCoug »

blue42 wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 7:18 pm WOW hard to believe it. I know they struggled a little this year compared to his previous years but he is only 55 years old. He is staying with the program though as a "leadership advisory role"

As someone pointed out on another board recently, there is an ebb and flow to athletics. Back in the 1990's, did anyone think BYU basketball would catch up to or surpass U of U basketball?

They also pointed out that change could come when Whittingham retires. It's rare that schools have back-to-back great coaches. And calling him "great" may be a stretch.

In the short term, we are all Oregon and Oklahoma fans this week.
Gunk wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 7:23 pm Maybe he wants to do the impossible and try turning a school around like BYU.
Somebody needs to bring that guy into the Church already. Once converted, he'd be a perfect fit for BYU.

"What we're not going to do is start scheduling unintelligently." - Danny White, UCF Athletic Director
scott715
TV Analyst

Post by scott715 »

I say hire him as co-head coach and let him run the team.

frdbtr
Over-Achiever

Post by frdbtr »

scott715 wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:34 am I say hire him as co-head coach and let him run the team.
Our current head coach probably wouldn't agree to that.

BroncoBot
Retired

Post by BroncoBot »

frdbtr wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 4:50 pm
scott715 wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:34 am I say hire him as co-head coach and let him run the team.
Then hire me for $1 and I'll allow it.

frdbtr
Over-Achiever

Post by frdbtr »

BroncoBot wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 3:31 pm
frdbtr wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 4:50 pm
Then hire me for $1 and I'll allow it.
I would be 100% behind that, problem is, will you or anyone be able to convince Tom Holmoe to fire the good ole boy to make it happen.

CougarCrazy
BLUEshirt

Post by CougarCrazy »

KingCoug wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:39 am
blue42 wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 7:18 pm WOW hard to believe it. I know they struggled a little this year compared to his previous years but he is only 55 years old. He is staying with the program though as a "leadership advisory role"

As someone pointed out on another board recently, there is an ebb and flow to athletics. Back in the 1990's, did anyone think BYU basketball would catch up to or surpass U of U basketball?

They also pointed out that change could come when Whittingham retires. It's rare that schools have back-to-back great coaches. And calling him "great" may be a stretch.

Can you count on it being an ebb and flow thing if the administration doesn’t care if things improve? It seems that BYU either doesn’t care or doesn’t believe they need to put in the same work everyone else does. They think they don’t need to pay experienced coaches either.

KingCoug
All-American

Post by KingCoug »

CougarCrazy wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 8:25 pm

Can you count on it being an ebb and flow thing if the administration doesn’t care if things improve? It seems that BYU either doesn’t care or doesn’t believe they need to put in the same work everyone else does. They think they don’t need to pay experienced coaches either.
No, you're absolutely right. Maybe just wishful thinking on my part. After all, we have an AD who's "favorite" part of last year was leading Utah by 20 at half time. Nevermind that Utah came back to win the game by scoring 35 points in the second half. I guess that was irrelevant.

It's almost like they're trying to drive BYU sports, at least football, into the ground. And they've picked the perfect bunch of no-talent hacks to get it done.

"What we're not going to do is start scheduling unintelligently." - Danny White, UCF Athletic Director
CougarCrazy
BLUEshirt

Post by CougarCrazy »

KingCoug wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:31 pm
CougarCrazy wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 8:25 pm

No, you're absolutely right. Maybe just wishful thinking on my part. After all, we have an AD who's "favorite" part of last year was leading Utah by 20 at half time. Nevermind that Utah came back to win the game by scoring 35 points in the second half. I guess that was irrelevant.

It's almost like they're trying to drive BYU sports, at least football, into the ground. And they've picked the perfect bunch of no-talent hacks to get it done.
I really tried hard to see the silver lining and see hope but
Sitake seems to only care the games he is worried about his job. That won’t be successful in the long run.

It seems like a bad mix of people and it won’t be changing any time soon.