AP Poll Out - Weak

BYU Cougars on the court.
FurriousCougar
Freshman
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: AP Poll Out - Weak

Post by FurriousCougar »

declocoug wrote:Exactly what I think as well Kitic.

If we played the top 20 teams RIGHT NOW I think we would win between 13-16 games.
Wouldn't that make us the top 5-8 team?

Yndian
Sophomore
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by Yndian »

Aren't there a lot of prominent journalism schools in the Big Televen (Northwestern comes immediately to mind)? I wonder if that has something to do with it. :whistle:

Gunk
Over-Achiever
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by Gunk »

kitic77 wrote:With all that said, I think our ranking is about right. I don't think we're a top 10 team, but I do think we're a top 14-17 team.
And you call yourself a BYU fan! Nonsense, we're the best team in the country! :crazy:

Follow me to nowhere twitter.com/gakunkel
BroncoBot
Retired

Post by BroncoBot »

FurriousCougar wrote:

If we played the top 20 teams RIGHT NOW I think we would win between 13-16 games.
HA ha. That sort of math that I spewed out is equaled to only one person that I can think of. Airwolf. :bug:

I meant to say that we would lose between 13-16 games. Sorry. I've thought about it a little more and would give the cougars a 10-10 record against the top 20. That would be a fun tournament. top 20 vs top 20. See who comes out on top. Although it might turn out to be a little time consuming.

FurriousCougar
Freshman

Post by FurriousCougar »

declocoug wrote:
FurriousCougar wrote:

HA ha. That sort of math that I spewed out is equaled to only one person that I can think of. Airwolf. :bug:

I meant to say that we would lose between 13-16 games. Sorry. I've thought about it a little more and would give the cougars a 10-10 record against the top 20. That would be a fun tournament. top 20 vs top 20. See who comes out on top. Although it might turn out to be a little time consuming.
Except that his quantitative math somehow translated to qualitative results which equated to proving that Coach Mendenhall was a racist.

I think 10 and 10 is fair, that's about where I would put us. well, actually, if we are part of that top 20, we'd play 19 games, so I'd say 10-9 - above .500 :evil:

Lawboy
Over-Achiever
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by Lawboy »

That UNLV game was bad. REALLY Bad. I am happy with the current ranking. Fact is, we are 1-2 v. top 20 teams. And against those receiving votes, worse than that. We beat crap team easy, but struggle v. good athletic teams. Must beat UNM at home. Must. Otherwise, not loving our chances for a good seeding or tourney win with the state of play by the bigs on this team.

kfilly20
Freshman

Post by kfilly20 »

BYU is honestly ranked about where they should be. They are a very good team but not an "elite" team. If they go to the sweet 16 or so in the tourney we should start out next year ranked about 15 which would really help us out. I'm pretty happy with our ranking.

Schmoe
Retired

Post by Schmoe »

You have to remember that all of our losses are ON THE ROAD and they're all to top 30 (or so) teams. How many teams have a winning record on the road vs ranked teams?

I'm just a regular, everyday normal guy,
I can't afford a car, I use public transportation,
I don't mind, I read till I reach my destination,
sometimes a newspaper, sometimes a book,
the money I save, this stuff is off the hook,
Mars
Retired

Post by Mars »

Schmoe wrote:You have to remember that all of our losses are ON THE ROAD and they're all to top 30 (or so) teams. How many teams have a winning record on the road vs ranked teams?
Not only that, but all 3 games (Utah State, New Mexico, UNLV) were in front of SELL-OUT crowds. That helps the refs make the swing calls.

Mars Cauthon, Prince of the Cougars!
Resident board douchebag.
https://twitter.com/#!/eldermars
SpiffCoug
TV Analyst

Post by SpiffCoug »

I couldn't help but notice last night during the TCU-SDSU game that there was no one there watching. But when BYU rolls into town the place will be more than twice as full - granted for the TCU road game, many will be BYU fans, but still. Only one team draws the largest home crowds in the conference and that team is BYU.

BYU PER W/L Since 1972: 432-76 (.850)
(8.4x
YDS)+(330xTD)+(100xCOM)-(200xINT)
..................ATT
SpiffCoug's posts are BB-8 approved!