Marshmellow leaving Utah

BYU Cougars on the court.
Schmoe
Retired
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: Marshmellow leaving Utah

Post by Schmoe »

Marshmallow was afraid of what would happen to him the next time he came to the MC. So he did the honorable thing and pussed out.

I'm just a regular, everyday normal guy,
I can't afford a car, I use public transportation,
I don't mind, I read till I reach my destination,
sometimes a newspaper, sometimes a book,
the money I save, this stuff is off the hook,
Dcr36
All-American
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by Dcr36 »

This is disappointing from so many angles. A thought: Marshall stood in a position to be one of the better players on the U in the upcoming years, and the thought of him having to step into a big leadership role for the team had the allure of a potential disaster.

Dcr36
All-American
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by Dcr36 »

Mars wrote:

Deja Vu: Utah football head coach Kyle Whittingham recently promised to honor a scholarship to Tyler Shreve, a QB who was kicked off of his high school baseball team by the head coach this year for -you got it!- smoking pot. I wonder how his career at the U will turn out? Hmm...

Hey, pot doesn't detail football players! Have you forgotten the fabled career of Ricky Williams?

Really, though, I don't think a pot bust in high school is the worst of harbingers for an athlete's future. In Marshall's case, it wasn't just the pot bust, but it was that, the on-court attitude, the selfish shot selection, etc. It all added up to a guy that just didn't seem to "get it." Wonder where he goes from here.

BerliNY
All-American

Post by BerliNY »

Mars wrote:
Gone in 60 Seconds
: Jordan Cyphers, Matt Read, Chris Hines, top scorer Carlon Brown, and top freshman Marshall Henderson, along with seniors Luka Drca and Kim Tillie. That makes 7 invisible men next season. And the team was sub-.500 with them all playing.

Surprised?: Henderson was kicked off of his high school basketball team by the head coach for smoking pot. In college at the University of Utah, Henderson was kicked off of the basketball team by head coach Jim Boylen for... drum roll please... smoking pot. Of course there's no way Boylen could have seen this coming when he was recruiting the kid, right? He thought only at BYU could an Honor Code issue force a kid to leave a sports team.

Deja Vu: Utah football head coach Kyle Whittingham recently promised to honor a scholarship to Tyler Shreve, a QB who was kicked off of his high school baseball team by the head coach this year for -you got it!- smoking pot. I wonder how his career at the U will turn out? Hmm...

Promise you'll never leave us!: Boylen has 4 years left under contract coaching the Utes. His record as head coach is .571 overall, .565 in conference play. Ray Giacoletti's record as head coach of the Utes was .574 overall, .580 in conference play. Boylen's best season was 24 wins. Giacoletti's was 29. Boilen please say you'll stay and be the new Ray, okay!?
Rack 'em

Loyal Strong True
SpiffCoug
TV Analyst

Post by SpiffCoug »

Doesn't Marshmallow have the Texas high school state record for made threes or something like that? A kid who can shoot like that doesn't come to Utah without serious baggage that the big time programs in the state and Big 12 weren't willing to overlook.

BYU PER W/L Since 1972: 432-76 (.850)
(8.4x
YDS)+(330xTD)+(100xCOM)-(200xINT)
..................ATT
SpiffCoug's posts are BB-8 approved!
BYULV
Heisman Winner

Post by BYULV »

I came across a few guys that may have a year or two of eligibility left to help Coach Boylen out next year:

These last two may be out of the Ute's league, besides, I think the one in yelllow has already hired an agent and is therefore not eligible.

Mars
Retired

Post by Mars »

For anyone who cares, this loser ended up at Texas Tech.

I wonder where Boilen will end up after this season?

Mars Cauthon, Prince of the Cougars!
Resident board douchebag.
https://twitter.com/#!/eldermars
urroner
Heisman Winner
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by urroner »

Mars wrote:

Where the hell am I going and why am I in this handbasket?
CougarClaw
Pro

Post by CougarClaw »

urroner wrote:
Mars wrote:
Is Boylen the girl behind the beard? The kidnapped family? or part of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Clan?