Former BYU recruit arrested in Dallas killing

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
BigCougsFan
All-American
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Former BYU recruit arrested in Dallas killing

Post by BigCougsFan »

Bennett was one of four 2004 BYU football recruits charged in the August 2004 rape of a 17-year-old girl in a Provo apartment. The incident occurred at an off-campus party involving incoming freshmen one night before the players began fall football camp.
http://www.deseretnews.com/article/7000 ... lling.html

I'm not surprised one bit... What a frickin' tool! I'm glad he left the program after that.

I forgot the names of the other three who were involved with the rape incident. Can anyone remember them, what position they played, how good they were, etc...???

Lawboy
Over-Achiever
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Re: Former BYU recruit arrested in Dallas killing

Post by Lawboy »

Too bad. I had hoped that those guys had made good, because it really was a black eye for BYU when that went down. Not that BYU did anything wrong, but the misperception that some black athletes were singled out for this. They weren't, but I know it was an issue in that community for a couple for years after this.

CougarClaw
Pro
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Re: Former BYU recruit arrested in Dallas killing

Post by CougarClaw »

Some of the athletes also accused the Honor Code of providing information they felt was shared in confidence, with the police.

That coupled with Crowton leaving, multiple athletes transferring. Ugly year for the Y.