Redshirting Heaps

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.

Could there be value to Red-shirting Jake Heaps?

Yes
68%
No
32%

Total votes: 25

SpiffCoug
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: Redshirting Heaps

Post by SpiffCoug »

Mars wrote:
There would also be value in red-shirting Jimmer Fredette this coming season, as then we'd have him next season. Doesn't mean that move isn't dumb. Heaps has dominated the position since stepping foot in Provo- why go with a lesser player in Nelson?
Apples to oranges. Jimmer played as a freshman, and needed an injury to Ben Murdock late in the season to really get fully into the rotation. Heaps hasn't been in the program for three years like Jimmer. Redshirting Jimmer now, doesn't make nearly the same kind of sense as Heaps. They're completely different situations.

I wouldn't support a RS of Jimmer for next year, just like if Heaps had played this year, and then started in 2011 and 2012 would I wouldn't support red-shirting him in 2013.

Again, you are perpetuating the MYTH that Heaps has "dominated the position since stepping foor in Provo" that simply isn't the case. The numbers and report do not suppor that position. It is wrong. Nearly every report shows the race to be VERY even with some in the media preferring Heaps.

BYU PER W/L Since 1972: 432-76 (.850)
(8.4x
YDS)+(330xTD)+(100xCOM)-(200xINT)
..................ATT
SpiffCoug's posts are BB-8 approved!
Brayden Green
Over-Achiever
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Post by Brayden Green »

I didn't vote, because the answer is obvious. That's like saying, would it be better to go to heaven, or hell?

Of course a redshirt is the best scenario for heaps. Unfortunately, that might not be the best scenario for BYU.

When Brayden posts Kalani be like:

vancouvercougar
All-American
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by vancouvercougar »

I would love to be a fly on the wall as Doman, Anae, & Bronco discuss the starting QB.

So far, has any QB shown himself to be heads & tales above another?

Lawboy
Over-Achiever
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by Lawboy »

Riddle me this: Could there be value in playing Heaps next year? I think the answer is the same as it is for this question. Again, another push-poll question by kitic. Your questions smack of an agenda.