Chip Bown Tweeting that TT, OU, OSU, and UT to Pac 10

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
BYUgrad03
BLUEshirt
Fan Level: BYU Fan
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Chip Bown Tweeting that TT, OU, OSU, and UT to Pac 10

Post by BYUgrad03 »

http://twitter.com/ChipBrownOB

Whether this is true or not remains to be seen. The question it raises, if Texas A&M doesn't come along, who fills that void? Baylor, Kansas or maybe Utah? Say it's Utah?

I have to ask, does Utah really want to be in the same division as OU, TT, OSU and Texas? Not that TT and OSU are powerhouses, but they're no slouches either. To face teams like that in potentially consecutive weeks would be brutal.

They could find themselves fighting for the Pac east doormat for years to come. Them leaving may not be such a bad idea. :evil:
Last edited by BYUgrad03 on Fri Jun 11, 2010 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CannonCougar85
All-American
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Re: Chip Bown Tweeting that TT, OU, OSU, and UT to Pac 10

Post by CannonCougar85 »

It took me a minute to realize that by UT you mean Texas and not Utah. ;)

This guy has been pretty reliable so far.
Hopefully BYU is on the horn with the Big 12 today and is being proactive. BYU can save the Big 12 as a conference by bringing the teams necessary.
I don't think the Big 12 leftovers will want to join the MWC strictly because of the TV deal.

"We have a tradition unlike any other. Those that have gone before us are the giants upon whose shoulders we now stand."
-Bronco Mendenhall
BYUgrad03
BLUEshirt

Post by BYUgrad03 »

FIFY.

I know I was thinking the same thing. I hope BYU is being proactive with this and not just sitting by. I have to say that the biggest loser in all of this is Beebe, the commisioner of the Big 12. That guy hasn't done a thing except stand by and watch his conference, and his reputation, destruct.

At the same time, if Utah does get an invite to fill the A&M void, I'm not sure that would be a great move for them from a competition standpoint. One could look to the Arkansas move to the SEC back in the early 90's. They have a good season here and there, but nothing consistent enough to be proud of.

craigoscarson
Pro
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Post by craigoscarson »

BYUgrad03 wrote:http://twitter.com/ChipBrownOB

Whether this is true or not remains to be seen. The question it raises, if Texas A&M doesn't come along, who fills that void? Baylor, Kansas or maybe Utah? Say it's Utah?

I have to ask, does Utah really want to be in the same division as OU, TT, OSU and Texas? Not that TT and OSU are powerhouses, but they're no slouches either. To face teams like that in potentially consecutive weeks would be brutal.

They could find themselves fighting for the Pac east doormat for years to come. Them leaving may not be such a bad idea. :evil:

Kansas is working on a Pac 10 invite and thinks their hoops could drive the bus with the others.

BYUgrad03
BLUEshirt

Post by BYUgrad03 »

Kansas is working on a Pac 10 invite and thinks their hoops could drive the bus with the others.
I think that's their best argument, and it could be enough to push them ahead of everyone else under consideration. I guess I just liked the idea of Utah getting pummeled week in and week out for a while.

BYUgrad03
BLUEshirt

Post by BYUgrad03 »

As per the Austin America Statesman, it's a done deal, but talks about the Kansas, Utah and Baylor scenario as well.

http://www.statesman.com/blogs/content/ ... t_tec.html

craigoscarson
Pro

Post by craigoscarson »

A highly-placed official from a Big 12 school confirmed Friday that Texas, Texas Tech, Oklahoma and Oklahoma State will join the Pac-10 Conference once formal offers are made to them, but said that Texas A&M officials remain on the fence between joining the Pac-10 or the SEC.

“The decision has been made,” the official told the American-Statesman. “We’re bringing everybody to the Pac-10 but A&M.”

The official said the Aggies have a 72-hour timetable to decide whether to accept the Pac-10’s offer. The official also said those formal offers could be made over the weekend.

The Texas board of regents have called an 11 a.m. meeting next Tuesday, and a formal announcement is expected later that day. Regents at Texas Tech also will meet on Tuesday, at 2 p.m.

gmj81
Junior

Post by gmj81 »

Yeah?... well, where was chip on the BSU realignment. Puh, shows how much he knows!

BYUgrad03
BLUEshirt

Post by BYUgrad03 »

gmj81 wrote:Yeah?... well, where was chip on the BSU realignment. Puh, shows how much he knows!
No kidding! I'll never take that dude seriously again.

craigoscarson
Pro

Post by craigoscarson »

gmj81 wrote:Yeah?... well, where was chip on the BSU realignment. Puh, shows how much he knows!
Chip has been all over the place.... he's simply tweeting the most and getting a lot of attention. I do think that the Austin Statesma hs a ton more credibility and they're saying the same thing now.