If I was a betting man

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
mcgregor
Freshman
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer
Prediction Group: Cougar Law

If I was a betting man

Post by mcgregor »

I would wager that NO ONE from the PAC10 has made ANY contact with ANY person at Utah.

That doesn't mean they won't, just that most of what Utah fans are circulating is, unsurprisingly, a big pile of yewt.

snoscythe
Retired
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: If I was a betting man

Post by snoscythe »

You know, I did crank call Dr. Hill a back in March....is it possible he doesn't have caller ID?????

mcgregor
Freshman

Post by mcgregor »

snoscythe wrote:You know, I did crank call Dr. Hill a back in March....is it possible he doesn't have caller ID?????
My guess is that Dr. Hill could confirm what I've just stated.

byutx
All-American

Post by byutx »

Word is that there is some sort of memo of understanding signed by Utah basically stating that Utah would jump to the Pac minus-1 (Pac 1 + Colorado + USC punishment= Pac minus-1) if an offer were to be extended.

mcgregor
Freshman

Post by mcgregor »

byutx wrote:Word is that there is some sort of memo of understanding signed by Utah basically stating that Utah would jump to the Pac minus-1 (Pac 1 + Colorado + USC punishment= Pac minus-1) if an offer were to be extended.
I could be wrong, but I'm guessing that isn't true.

mcgregor
Freshman

Post by mcgregor »

Let me clarify, though, that it's entirely possible that people in the PAC10 may have intentions to ask Utah--which is in line with my earlier post.

My point is only that no one from the PAC10 has contacted anyone at Utah.

Ygridiron4ever
Freshman
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by Ygridiron4ever »

Here in Los Angeles (Orange County) Steve Grad from KNX 1070 reported that if the 5 from TX and OK announce on Tuesday that they won't go to the PAC11, then Utah will join and it will be the PAC12.

You might be right, but hard for me to believe KNX would report something here in LA based simply on Rumors propagated by Utes.

"Problems cannot be solved by the same level of thinking that created them." -Einstein
mcgregor
Freshman

Post by mcgregor »

Ygridiron4ever wrote:Here in Los Angeles (Orange County) Steve Grad from KNX 1070 reported that if the 5 from TX and OK announce on Tuesday that they won't go to the PAC11, then Utah will join and it will be the PAC12.

You might be right, but hard for me to believe KNX would report something here in LA based simply on Rumors propagated by Utes.
That's fine. No one here has to believe me.

I'm just saying . . . .

stuckinbig10country
Heisman Winner

Post by stuckinbig10country »

Right now, McGregor is as close as we have to Chip Brown on the board. His sources are very good.

Anyway, my hope is either that all 5 Big 12 schools stay, or that T A&M is the only one to leave (to the SEC), or that all 5 go to the PAC. Want Utah left out, unless BYU gets to go to a bigger conference as well.

If 4 or 5 of the teams stay, then its BYU, Air Force and TCU (if aTm leaves) to the Big 12 and Utah to PAC.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image

KYCoug
Sophomore

Post by KYCoug »

I think the big move to the PAC (whatever) is going to happen and agree that Utah gets left out. With that assumption it would make more sense to me for the Big 12 even if it only has 4 remaining schools to merge with the MWC. That way both conferences could retain their contracts with bowls and the merged conference could retain the BC$ affiliation of the Big 12.

Just saying, that makes more sense than disbanding the Big 12 and having the schools individually move to join the MWC.

Go Cougs!

L Hatton
Louisville, KY