Taking Utah a "Major Disappointment" for Pac10

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
BoiseBYU
All Star
Fan Level: BYU Fan
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: Taking Utah a "Major Disappointment" for Pac10

Post by BoiseBYU »

tmoney35 wrote:Why was everyone saying that Nebraska going to the Big-10 was going to be the start of the domino effect? Sound Texas was the key piece all along to the dissolution of the Big-12 and creation of the Pac-16.

I've never liked Texas, but sounds like they deserve some respect for showing loyalty and single-handedly saving the Big-12
It also helps that they got lots more money for staying....

scott715
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Post by scott715 »

The rich gets richer but it still leaves the seeds for future disbutes.

blue42
Senior

Post by blue42 »

tmoney35 wrote:Why was everyone saying that Nebraska going to the Big-10 was going to be the start of the domino effect? Sound Texas was the key piece all along to the dissolution of the Big-12 and creation of the Pac-16.

I've never liked Texas, but sounds like they deserve some respect for showing loyalty and single-handedly saving the Big-12
Because nothing was going to happen if Nebraska decided to stay. Once they decided that's when the heat was turned up for the rest of the Big 12-11-10?

No respect for Texas on my part for staying, the only reason they stayed is because they made more money staying than going. Am I happy they stayed? Absolutely, I loathe the idea of the super conferences because it would completely destroy college football for 60% of D1 teams.

snoscythe
Retired

Post by snoscythe »

At first I thought this was funny, but the more I thought about it, the angrier I got.

If they take Utah, and Utah is a "major disappointment," what does that make a school that didn't even make it to major-disappointment-but-we'll-still-throw-a-lot-of-money-at-you status?

bplewe
Recruit

Post by bplewe »

tmoney35 wrote:I've never liked Texas, but sounds like they deserve some respect for showing loyalty and single-handedly saving the Big-12
I would be loyal too if they paid me that much.

Ddawg
All Star
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by Ddawg »

It's all about the $$$$. Money talks - the B.S. walks!! End of story. This was an attempt by the PAC-10 to grab & form an elite football conference w/ a HUGE TV contract! It nearly worked - but fell short. Texas still won -lots of $$$ coming their way. If the Yewts stay - I firmly believe the MWC can become an elite football conference - now - w/ the addition of Boise St. - and continuing to win solid Out of Conference games. If the Yewts stay - it looks good. If they leave - screw them & the mangy horse they rode in on!!!!
8)

blue42
Senior

Post by blue42 »

Ddawg wrote:If the Yewts stay - it looks good. If they leave - screw them & the mangy horse they rode in on!!!!
8)
I believe the correct phrase is "screw them and the mangy date they rode in on!!"

Schmoe
Retired

Post by Schmoe »

snoscythe wrote:At first I thought this was funny, but the more I thought about it, the angrier I got.

If they take Utah, and Utah is a "major disappointment," what does that make a school that didn't even make it to major-disappointment-but-we'll-still-throw-a-lot-of-money-at-you status?
It makes you a school with a much bigger following and that brings in more revenue but is politically not aligned with damn pot smoking hippies, men who go after strange flesh, and people who kill babies.

I'm just a regular, everyday normal guy,
I can't afford a car, I use public transportation,
I don't mind, I read till I reach my destination,
sometimes a newspaper, sometimes a book,
the money I save, this stuff is off the hook,
urroner
Heisman Winner
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by urroner »

Schmoe wrote:
snoscythe wrote:At first I thought this was funny, but the more I thought about it, the angrier I got.

It makes you a school with a much bigger following and that brings in more revenue but is politically not aligned with damn pot smoking hippies, men who go after strange flesh, and people who kill babies.
Why are you bringing the French in on this Schmoe? :sick:

Where the hell am I going and why am I in this handbasket?
urroner
Heisman Winner
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by urroner »

bplewe wrote:
tmoney35 wrote:I've never liked Texas, but sounds like they deserve some respect for showing loyalty and single-handedly saving the Big-12
I would be loyal too if they paid me that much.
It like Woody Allen, a fine Frenchman, said:
“If only God would give me some clear sign! Like making a large deposit in my name at a Swiss bank.”

Where the hell am I going and why am I in this handbasket?