Bitter at LeBron?

Discussion for professional sporting events/teams and players.

This would be a great place to discuss the Super Bowl, the NBA Playoffs or whatever else.
snoscythe
Retired
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Bitter at LeBron?

Post by snoscythe »

The Cavs owner sure is. He also happens to own Fathead.com, which he is apparently using to vent his frustration.

Today, all the LeBron James fatheads are on clearance (since they all feature him in a Cavs uni). That's understandable--Bosh's are on clearance too.

What's funny is the discounts. The Bosh stuff is only discounted to $49.99. On the other hand, the James stuff is slashed to $17.41.

Why $17.41???? Well, Benedict Arnold was born in 1741.

Nice. You gotta love it when a guy uses his brain to come up with a cerebral dagger with a touch of Americana.

In case it gets changed:

SpiffCoug
TV Analyst

Re: Bitter at LeBron?

Post by SpiffCoug »

Maybe, if the owner had used some of that money to hire a smarter GM who could actually bring in a quality supporting cast instead of a bunch of stiffs, misfits or over-the-hill superstars. Or maybe hire some lobbyists to reduce the state taxes on his players to make his team as attractive to players financially as Florida (where there is no state tax).

BYU PER W/L Since 1972: 432-76 (.850)
(8.4x
YDS)+(330xTD)+(100xCOM)-(200xINT)
..................ATT
SpiffCoug's posts are BB-8 approved!
snoscythe
Retired

Post by snoscythe »

kitic77 wrote:Maybe, if the owner had used some of that money to hire a smarter GM who could actually bring in a quality supporting cast instead of a bunch of stiffs, misfits or over-the-hill superstars. Or maybe hire some lobbyists to reduce the state taxes on his players to make his team as attractive to players financially as Florida (where there is no state tax).
Yeah. Because legislatures are all about cutting taxes on the biggest earners right now. :roll:

I get the supporting cast argument, but the other is completely unrealistic in this economic climate.

CougarClaw
Pro

Post by CougarClaw »

to quote my wife:

"who's Lebron?"

SpiffCoug
TV Analyst

Post by SpiffCoug »

snoscythe wrote:
kitic77 wrote:Maybe, if the owner had used some of that money to hire a smarter GM who could actually bring in a quality supporting cast instead of a bunch of stiffs, misfits or over-the-hill superstars. Or maybe hire some lobbyists to reduce the state taxes on his players to make his team as attractive to players financially as Florida (where there is no state tax).
Yeah. Because legislatures are all about cutting taxes on the biggest earners right now. :roll:

I get the supporting cast argument, but the other is completely unrealistic in this economic climate.
Agreed. I was just trying to point out that there other reasons why Lebron didn't resign with the Cavs - one of which was financial. Granted the owner doesn't have control over the state tax rate. But Florida's zero rate was likley an attractive plus in the Heat's favor.

But yes, the owner is making it sound like the Cavs have zero responsibility for Lebron's leaving and that's simply not the case. If they were a better run organization where Lebron felt he could win, (like being able to attract a guy like Bosh) then he wouldn't have left.

(8.4x
..................ATT
Mars
Retired

Post by Mars »

Cavs fans and their owner especially are coming across as being overly bitter here in my opinion. In professional sports, players have the right to go play wherever they want without being labeled "traitor".

Mars Cauthon, Prince of the Cougars!
Resident board douchebag.
https://twitter.com/#!/eldermars
CougarClaw
Pro

Post by CougarClaw »

Mars wrote:
players have the right to go play wherever they want without being labeled "traitor".
signed Manny Ramirez, Johnny Damon, Joe Torre, Alex Rodriguez and Babe Ruth....

EDIT: FYI... ;)
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/4176 ... ts-history ;)

SpiffCoug
TV Analyst

Post by SpiffCoug »

Mars wrote:
Cavs fans and their owner especially are coming across as being overly bitter here in my opinion. In professional sports, players have the right to go play wherever they want without being labeled "traitor".
Especially since most players have little to no choice as to where they begin their careers. Players are drafted by teams all over the country and sometimes even outside the country.

(8.4x
..................ATT
tmoney35
Senior

Post by tmoney35 »

Mars wrote:
it's not about leaving Cleveland, it HOW he left. It was the narcissistic gagfest of "The Decision". I think it's perfectly fine for him to go wherever he wants. He was a free agent, but did he really have to stab his old team in the back on National Television? He didn't have the decency to let his old organization know weeks ago what he was planning to do, so they could at least have time to go after some of the other top FA's?

I was actually intrigued by the thought of Wade, Bosh and James on the same team when I first heard about it being a possibility. Then, over the next few weeks I lost all respect for James and got so sick of the ridiculous media circus I could've screamed. It was only then that I heard about the impending hour long ESPN special where he'd make his decision. GIVE ME A BREAK!
Shame on ESPN for even airing that crap

EDIT: ...and no, I'm not a Cavs fan. I just think this whole situation got totally out of control and showed us all Lebron's true character

Mars
Retired

Post by Mars »

Crude language, but very funny (and sadly true): http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/ma ... 9533/83512

Mars Cauthon, Prince of the Cougars!
Resident board douchebag.
https://twitter.com/#!/eldermars