All 7 BYU All American QB's at UW game

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
Florwood
Senior
Fan Level: BYU Fan
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

All 7 BYU All American QB's at UW game

Post by Florwood »

Including McMahon! I'll love seeing them all together. It will include a half time presentation, which should be extra interesting for Sarkisian as the UW head coach...

http://sltrib.com/sltrib/blogs/byusport ... s.html.csp

CannonCougar85
All-American
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Re: All 7 BYU All American QB's at UW game

Post by CannonCougar85 »

Florwood wrote:Including McMahon! I'll love seeing them all together. It will include a half time presentation, which should be extra interesting for Sarkisian as the UW head coach...

http://sltrib.com/sltrib/blogs/byusport ... s.html.csp
What are the chances that Sark participates in any of it? I don't doubt that he wants to but as a head coach for a D-1 program he's a pretty busy guy that week.

"We have a tradition unlike any other. Those that have gone before us are the giants upon whose shoulders we now stand."
-Bronco Mendenhall
Lawboy
Over-Achiever

Post by Lawboy »

Y Quarterback Weekend baby!!! Looks like they are hoping to raise money for a BYU Quarterback scholarship fund. Interesting. Best way around the NCAA limit on football onlyschollies is to have outside schollies to give as well.

byutx
All-American
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Post by byutx »

Lawboy wrote:Y Quarterback Weekend baby!!! Looks like they are hoping to raise money for a BYU Quarterback scholarship fund. Interesting. Best way around the NCAA limit on football onlyschollies is to have outside schollies to give as well.
I don't think that's how it works. The limits still apply. They're just trying to create an endowment for 4 scholarships (where the interest covers the costs) aimed specifically at the QB position.

Ddawg
All Star

Post by Ddawg »

I am excited to read that Jim McMahon will be there!! That's great. I hope he is treated well - as I trust all the QB's will be. This is really good news. It will make for a good day - along with a "W."
8)

SpiffCoug
TV Analyst

Post by SpiffCoug »

Awesome! And I've got to miss it! I'll be in Boston that weekend. I'm not even sure I'll be able to watch the game.

BYU PER W/L Since 1972: 432-76 (.850)
(8.4x
YDS)+(330xTD)+(100xCOM)-(200xINT)
..................ATT
SpiffCoug's posts are BB-8 approved!
BYUBALLIN
Sophomore

Post by BYUBALLIN »

wow jim mcmahon the reason i love the Cougs. Any chance those guys will do an autograph session. this is gonna be so cool.

SpiffCoug
TV Analyst

Post by SpiffCoug »

BYUBALLIN wrote:wow jim mcmahon the reason i love the Cougs. Any chance those guys will do an autograph session. this is gonna be so cool.
Look. I'm going to be out of town. So let's just tone down how awesome and coll this is going to be, okay?

BYU PER W/L Since 1972: 432-76 (.850)
(8.4x
YDS)+(330xTD)+(100xCOM)-(200xINT)
..................ATT
SpiffCoug's posts are BB-8 approved!
snoscythe
Retired

Post by snoscythe »

byutx wrote:
Lawboy wrote:Y Quarterback Weekend baby!!! Looks like they are hoping to raise money for a BYU Quarterback scholarship fund. Interesting. Best way around the NCAA limit on football onlyschollies is to have outside schollies to give as well.
I don't think that's how it works. The limits still apply. They're just trying to create an endowment for 4 scholarships (where the interest covers the costs) aimed specifically at the QB position.
Yeah, the limits will still apply, but BYU will have that much more coin to spend in other directions. What's funny is the fact they are doing a fundraiser for $1 Million--that's less than what Steve Young is STILL getting paid every year from his 40 year annuity he got as part of his compensation from his USFL days. Come on Steve--cough it up.

hawkwing
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by hawkwing »

kitic77 wrote:
BYUBALLIN wrote:wow jim mcmahon the reason i love the Cougs. Any chance those guys will do an autograph session. this is gonna be so cool.
Look. I'm going to be out of town. So let's just tone down how awesome and coll this is going to be, okay?
Sorry you'll be out of town, this thing is going to be off the HOOK. WICKED AWESOME! :D