Which QB has improved the most since spring?

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.

Which quarterback will have improved the most?

James Lark
54%
Jake Heaps
46%
Riley Nelson
No votes

Total votes: 13

Brayden Green
Over-Achiever
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: Which QB has improved the most since spring?

Post by Brayden Green »

Lawboy wrote:If I had to vote for LEAST improved, it would be Nelson. He has been in the program for over a year now, should know the offense by now, and know the personnel. And no pre-mission rust to knock off. He is what he is right now, and his passing and arm strength won't really change. His pocket presence could improve, but not with 7 on 7 drills since there is no pass rush to worry about.

Lark knows the program as well having been with the team pre-mission, but he did need to shake off mission rust. So he had great room to improve in that regard. I am sure he did, too.

Heaps was the new guy. Didn't know the coaches, the playbook, his teammates. Didn't know the speed change from HS to college yet. So he had more to improve on. His physical tools should be there, though, with no excuses. But he has the most areas he could improve. So he is the easy choice for that reason. He is still in need of seasoning.

I'd put Munns in the same position as Lark. All about mission rust. But he should know the playbook, teammates and what coaches want by now.

I think Nelson is in the picture this year due to his experience, but by next year or perhaps even by end of this year, he is like Gaskins and will be #3. I like Heaps and Munns to win those spots.

Yep all true. Except this time, Nelson doesn't have another Gaskins to step aside and give him the job.

When Brayden posts Kalani be like: