A little bit of video

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
BYULV
Heisman Winner
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

A little bit of video

Post by BYULV »

First day practice and interview of Bronco:

http://www.byucougars.com/Filing.jsp?ID=14219

Nothing new, but good to see some of the players that are being talked about.

Brayden Green
Over-Achiever

Re: A little bit of video

Post by Brayden Green »

a perfect example of why Nelson won't start (#13) just before midway through.

When Brayden posts Kalani be like:

BYULV
Heisman Winner

Post by BYULV »

His soft pass to the flat?

SpiffCoug
TV Analyst

Post by SpiffCoug »

Yeah, I didn't see anything either. I saw some guys running. I saw some passes by various QBs. All were complete. I saw some catches. That video showed even less than the QB stats from the first day.

BYU PER W/L Since 1972: 432-76 (.850)
(8.4x
YDS)+(330xTD)+(100xCOM)-(200xINT)
..................ATT
SpiffCoug's posts are BB-8 approved!
Brayden Green
Over-Achiever

Post by Brayden Green »

yeah, soft, wobbly, and it hung. It was the perfect camera angle. Chambers was waiting on it for 2 seconds in the air. You don't throw "up" on a pass that is 10 yards away. It needs to level out, hence the term "frozen rope." Did I mention it was wobbly? Then you see a long strike from Heaps a little later in the vid.

SpiffCoug
TV Analyst

Post by SpiffCoug »

BlueIsBetter wrote:yeah, soft, wobbly, and it hung. It was the perfect camera angle. Chambers was waiting on it for 2 seconds in the air. You don't throw "up" on a pass that is 10 yards away. It needs to level out, hence the term "frozen rope." Then you see a long strike from Heaps a little later in the vid.
We have zero context of that throw. Was it early in practice? Were the QBs simply just warming up? Did Chambers come out of his break too soon so he had to "wait" longer for the pass, because he was early in the timing?

We learned absolutely nothing from that video other than the team has started practicing.

BYU PER W/L Since 1972: 432-76 (.850)
(8.4x
YDS)+(330xTD)+(100xCOM)-(200xINT)
..................ATT
SpiffCoug's posts are BB-8 approved!
Brayden Green
Over-Achiever

Post by Brayden Green »

You're right. I didn't learn anything anything from that video, because it didn't teach me anything I didn't already know. ;)

Italics
Heisman Winner

Post by Italics »

BlueIsBetter wrote:You're right. I didn't learn anything anything from that video, because it didn't teach me anything I didn't already know. ;)
All I know is that the people who have been defending Nelson have had to do a lot of excuse making for his numbers, video, stats, etc. It's not like I've got something against the kid, but come on, at this point is it really up for debate who has the most talent?

The more I see... the less I believe
The more I hear... the less I care
Mars
Retired

Post by Mars »

Italics wrote:
BlueIsBetter wrote:You're right. I didn't learn anything anything from that video, because it didn't teach me anything I didn't already know. ;)
All I know is that the people who have been defending Nelson have had to do a lot of excuse making for his numbers, video, stats, etc. It's not like I've got something against the kid, but come on, at this point is it really up for debate who has the most talent?
No, and it never was. But Nelson was much more experienced at losing many multiple WAC games years and years ago.

Mars Cauthon, Prince of the Cougars!
Resident board douchebag.
https://twitter.com/#!/eldermars
Cougs_Rule
Over-Achiever
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by Cougs_Rule »

kitic77 wrote:
BlueIsBetter wrote:yeah, soft, wobbly, and it hung. It was the perfect camera angle. Chambers was waiting on it for 2 seconds in the air. You don't throw "up" on a pass that is 10 yards away. It needs to level out, hence the term "frozen rope." Then you see a long strike from Heaps a little later in the vid.
We have zero context of that throw. Was it early in practice? Were the QBs simply just warming up? Did Chambers come out of his break too soon so he had to "wait" longer for the pass, because he was early in the timing?

We learned absolutely nothing from that video other than the team has started practicing.
Saw more of that play on KSL. it was a floater alright. THe offense was just running through plays. No defense. It looked like a safe throw. Almost like, those stats gets counted as well, not in the official O vs D stats, but they keep stats on everything. AND, it was a floater. If he wasnt known for throwing those it would be easy to dismiss. BUt it did lack crispness.