Boise State is now officially CURSED

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
ABYUFAN
Pro
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: Boise State is now officially CURSED

Post by ABYUFAN »

I've said it before and I'll say it again. I like the blue turf. So there! :P

Mingjai
All-American
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Post by Mingjai »

dmcougar wrote:
Mars wrote:
byutx wrote: My eyes are cursed. Mars, in all seriousness, how can you stand to watch them, at least in solid blues at home, for more than 5 minutes without having your eyes bleed?
I really don't watch very much Boise State football. And their most interesting games are usually on the road.

Their turf looked good the one time I saw it in person, but it looked pretty bright in still shots from games last year. I think it's because they mix shiny white pellets into their artificial grass. Dumb move IMO.

They replaced the turf this year, so it may look better on TV, or it may look exactly the same.

As a BYU fan, I'm conditioned to like anything blue. It's the orange I think is stupid, and ugly.

When folks make the determination that many others who have played there already have that their unis blend in to the turf, that shade of blue may start to take on a certain disfavor.
If making uniforms blend in with the turf really was an advantage, why don't more teams wear all green uniforms that match their green turf? Green is a relatively underused color in football...

Cougarfan87
All-American

Post by Cougarfan87 »

I can't quite put my finger on why, but something about the blue turf messes up the game for me. I think the color messes up the orientation of the teams for me. I can't figure out where they are on the field--perhaps the numbers don't stand out as much as they do on the green field, or perhaps I am just not used to the color. I don't know, but its weird for me to watch a game on that field. It must be worse playing on it.

Ninety-five percent of the lawyers make the other five percent of us look bad.
Y12
Senior

Post by Y12 »

Anyone know if BYU was in the SI top 25?

I don't expect it, but you never know.

Mingjai
All-American

Post by Mingjai »

Cougarfan87 wrote:I can't quite put my finger on why, but something about the blue turf messes up the game for me. I think the color messes up the orientation of the teams for me. I can't figure out where they are on the field--perhaps the numbers don't stand out as much as they do on the green field, or perhaps I am just not used to the color. I don't know, but its weird for me to watch a game on that field. It must be worse playing on it.
Actually, the human eye (specifically the rods) are more sensitive to green light than red or blue, so most people can distinguish among shades of green a little better. But if matching uniforms to field really is an advantage, that just means teams would have to do a lot better of matching their green uniforms to the green field such that the human eye has a hard time distinguishing.

YNot
All-American

Post by YNot »

I've always thought that Army should wear camouflage....that would be cool!

Florwood
Senior
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by Florwood »

Cougarfan87 wrote:I can't quite put my finger on why, but something about the blue turf messes up the game for me. I think the color messes up the orientation of the teams for me. I can't figure out where they are on the field--perhaps the numbers don't stand out as much as they do on the green field, or perhaps I am just not used to the color. I don't know, but its weird for me to watch a game on that field. It must be worse playing on it.

It sure messed up Payne's orientation toward the goal posts.

Mars
Retired

Post by Mars »

The photographer doesn't know too many poses...

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/sports ... overs.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mars Cauthon, Prince of the Cougars!
Resident board douchebag.
https://twitter.com/#!/eldermars
redneckjedi
All-American

Post by redneckjedi »

Mars wrote:
The photographer doesn't know too many poses...

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/sports ... overs.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Stick the little guy in the middle and have the big guys cower behind him? Heh. Someone should convince the yewts that this is going to be the future defensive formation of choice in college football. ;)

If the yewts take the field and there are no BYU fans to pour beer on, will anybody come?
Mars
Retired

Post by Mars »

ABYUFAN wrote:I've said it before and I'll say it again. I like the blue turf. So there! :P
What about this? http://web.ewu.edu/groups/athletics/pages/TurfCam.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Do you like it too?

Mars Cauthon, Prince of the Cougars!
Resident board douchebag.
https://twitter.com/#!/eldermars