That's right, BYU wins

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
BoiseBYU
All Star
Fan Level: BYU Fan
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: That's right, BYU wins

Post by BoiseBYU »

Ok here's my dream: we get the opening kickoff and drive the ball for 9 minutes scoring a touchdown. On TCU's second play from scrimmage, Bradley does a corner blitz, like what BSU did in the Fiesta Bowl, that simply rocks Dalton, who fumbles. We take four more minutes to score and all of the sudden it is the second quarter and we are up 14-0. Then because we are the underdogs supreme we onside kick and recover and take 6.5 more minutes off the clock running the ball down TCU's gut. We score and it is half time. Second half, TCU has a few first downs on the opening drive but stalls out and O'Neill returns the punt 67 yards for a score. TCU is getting desperate and tries some bombs over the middle. Andrew Rich intercepts at our 20. We promptly take another six minutes but stall out. Fortunately, Payne hits a 42 yard field goal. 2 minutes left in the third quarter and we are up 31 - 0. TCU finally puts a drive together but by now it is 10 minutes left in the 4th quarter and we are up 31 - 7. We consume 5 minutes off the clock and actually punt the ball more than 12 yards--47 to be exact--and it is downed on the TCU 5. It takes TCU 3 minutes to score. We recover the onside and run the clock out. Final score: 31 - 14

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image

Italics
Heisman Winner
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Post by Italics »

BoiseBYU wrote:Ok here's my dream: we get the opening kickoff and drive the ball for 9 minutes scoring a touchdown. On TCU's second play from scrimmage, Bradley does a corner blitz, like what BSU did in the Fiesta Bowl, that simply rocks Dalton, who fumbles. We take four more minutes to score and all of the sudden it is the second quarter and we are up 14-0. Then because we are the underdogs supreme we onside kick and recover and take 6.5 more minutes off the clock running the ball down TCU's gut. We score and it is half time. Second half, TCU has a few first downs on the opening drive but stalls out and O'Neill returns the punt 67 yards for a score. TCU is getting desperate and tries some bombs over the middle. Andrew Rich intercepts at our 20. We promptly take another six minutes but stall out. Fortunately, Payne hits a 42 yard field goal. 2 minutes left in the third quarter and we are up 31 - 0. TCU finally puts a drive together but by now it is 10 minutes left in the 4th quarter and we are up 31 - 7. We consume 5 minutes off the clock and actually punt the ball more than 12 yards--47 to be exact--and it is downed on the TCU 5. It takes TCU 3 minutes to score. We recover the onside and run the clock out. Final score: 31 - 14

If we onside kick when we're up 14-0 I will be officially mad

The more I see... the less I believe
The more I hear... the less I care
Cougs_Rule
Over-Achiever

Post by Cougs_Rule »

BoiseBYU wrote:Ok here's my dream: we get the opening kickoff and drive the ball for 9 minutes scoring a touchdown. On TCU's second play from scrimmage, Bradley does a corner blitz, like what BSU did in the Fiesta Bowl, that simply rocks Dalton, who fumbles. We take four more minutes to score and all of the sudden it is the second quarter and we are up 14-0. Then because we are the underdogs supreme we onside kick and recover and take 6.5 more minutes off the clock running the ball down TCU's gut. We score and it is half time. Second half, TCU has a few first downs on the opening drive but stalls out and O'Neill returns the punt 67 yards for a score. TCU is getting desperate and tries some bombs over the middle. Andrew Rich intercepts at our 20. We promptly take another six minutes but stall out. Fortunately, Payne hits a 42 yard field goal. 2 minutes left in the third quarter and we are up 31 - 0. TCU finally puts a drive together but by now it is 10 minutes left in the 4th quarter and we are up 31 - 7. We consume 5 minutes off the clock and actually punt the ball more than 12 yards--47 to be exact--and it is downed on the TCU 5. It takes TCU 3 minutes to score. We recover the onside and run the clock out. Final score: 31 - 14

You"re conscious state during your dream, which is usually supressed during your sub-consciously driven dream-state, did not allow you to see the part where JJ and/or Chambers fumbles and then, of course, consistent with your very optimistic, fantastical dream, either BYU recovers said fumble or the replay officials screw up the call--which isnt going to happen twice in two weeks!

blue42
Senior

Post by blue42 »

You know the more I think about this the more I can see BYU really scaring TCU during the game. The big strength for TCU this year has been the run and with the new emphasis Bronco has put on the D, especially against the run TCU could find it a little harder to run. That would mean they would need to rely on a Sr QB to get things going, which Dalton is very capable of doing, but our pathetic passing game has about as many yards as Dalton this year.

So giddyup bandwagon!

Kbear
BLUEshirt
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by Kbear »

This year who has the most to lose? Not us! They will be tight just like we were the last two years. Our guys will be all loosy goosy.... plus we have that 34th miner on our side :evil: 8) :love: :crazy:

Old in body, but not in mind..."
jonnylingo
All Star
Fan Level: Don't Like BYU

Post by jonnylingo »

Were gonna win.

redneckjedi
All-American

Post by redneckjedi »

mcgregor wrote:
CougarPeasant wrote: mcgregor, DIDN'T enjoy reading your defense, but a word...

Paying 11% tithing will not grant you indulgence in whipping New Orleans prostitutes. The Church just doesn't work that way. ;) (Your casual reference to it was an admission of guilt.)

And now that you live in the DFW area, it's AMON, not Ammon. Bad mcgregor. Oh, and his namesake museum is world class btw. CP sez check it out.

I think reasons 7 and 8 are the best on your list and worth knowing. Reason 5 is pretty good too. Enjoy the game and wave for us fans who can't make it in person. :crazy:
You know, I knew this. I see that dude's name everywhere.

I will be at the game, but I'm using TCU Alumni season tickets, and I had to agree (seriously) that I wouldn't wear BYU apparel.
Here's what you do: get BYU shirt with just the oval Y on it. Wear it under a button-up shirt so that nobody can tell. Then, when we do win, you stand up and rip your shirt open like Superman to reveal the greatest logo in the history of time to all. I've always dreamed of being able to do something like that one day...

Speaking of dreams, I did have a BYU football dream this week. Usually, when that happens, we win. For example, in 2008 the night before the UCLA game I dreamed we won 72-3. (In my dream Bronco was a little more bloodthirsty, I guess.) This week, I don't have a final score, but we did go up 14-0 in the first half. The second TD was the most ridiculous thing I had ever seen - a double reverse pass for 40 yards to O'Neill Chambers in the endzone. The ridiculous part? It was thrown by Kyle Van Noy. :bug:

I'm in for the win, baby! Go Cougars!

If the yewts take the field and there are no BYU fans to pour beer on, will anybody come?
hawkwing
TV Analyst

Post by hawkwing »

Cougars are going to win, I'm a believer!

Italics
Heisman Winner

Post by Italics »

I, too, have a "good feeling" about this game... but guys, realistically I really don't think we have much a shot at this. I'm not sure if all the optimism is just sarcastic/humorous homorism, or serious, but man am I surprised either way!

Guess it's not a bad thing, though. I just think some of you might feel foolish after the game :P

As usual... I wouldn't mind being wrong. At all.

The more I see... the less I believe
The more I hear... the less I care
Npliam
Recruit

Post by Npliam »

WE WILL WIN!!!! I always say we are going to win. I just have different levels of pissed when we lose. USU/UNR= PISSED. FSU on the road with a young team=mildly disappointed.

I have been saying all week that we will have a chance to win in the forth quarter. By this I mean we will have the ball down by no more than a touchdown in the forth quarter.