BYU - GT Home and Home

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
Ungoy
All-American
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

BYU - GT Home and Home

Post by Ungoy »

Okay so this if from the Tweet Box, but for anyone who hasn't seen, BYU will play two games in Atlanta, and two in Provo against Ga. Tech starting in 2012.

2012 - Atlanta
2013 - Provo
2014 - Atlanta
2017 - Provo.

Nice work. The schedule is really coming together.

jonnylingo
All Star
Fan Level: Don't Like BYU

Re: BYU - GT Home and Home

Post by jonnylingo »

Who would want to play byu? I mean seriously, notre dame, texas, georgia tech, west virginia. What a stupid idea to go independent. I know that sdsu, tcu, and wyoming all don't want to play us anymore because we decided to go independent. this is simply not worth it. i would trade all of those games for a guarantee to be able to play wyoming and sdsu every year.

Lawboy
Over-Achiever
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by Lawboy »

jonnylingo wrote:Who would want to play byu? I mean seriously, notre dame, texas, georgia tech, west virginia. What a stupid idea to go independent. I know that sdsu, tcu, and wyoming all don't want to play us anymore because we decided to go independent. this is simply not worth it. i would trade all of those games for a guarantee to be able to play wyoming and sdsu every year.

TCU and SDSU are on there own there. I think Wyoming would add us in a heartbeat, and so would basically every other MWC team. I understand why TCU was in such a huff, but SDSU? Really? try wining more than 5 games for once, then get back to me.

EM_Puma
Pro

Post by EM_Puma »

It's amazing to me that we couldn't get any BCS teams to come to LES under the MWC TV contract, but on our own, under an ESPN contract, suddenly those games that were not happening are happening.

Georgia Tech is a good series and I like the 4 year contract with the games coming in October. That has to be the most difficult factor in scheduling good teams is getting them to play game other than September.

Holmoe is still, and has been in the past, hinting that we might not take that 13th game in 2011. In a tweet today also it sounds like for certain one of the teams coming to LES next year will probably be a FCS team AGAIN.

My question to others is, what if that 13th game was against a second FCS team? Are you willing to do that or not? Holmoe hinted that it would be better to have that week to not sustain further injuries and be healthier.

My opinion is that if we are talking a second FCS team, then I say NO, I'd rather opt out of the 13th game for the 2011 season. Unless those games open a season, to me they are practically worthless.

Italics
Heisman Winner

Post by Italics »

NICE!

Other than the fact that they are ACC and we typically suck against ACC teams... hope we can turn that around.

The more I see... the less I believe
The more I hear... the less I care
Wickchad
All-American
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by Wickchad »

EM_Puma wrote:
Holmoe is still, and has been in the past, hinting that we might not take that 13th game in 2011. In a tweet today also it sounds like for certain one of the teams coming to LES next year will probably be a FCS team AGAIN.

My question to others is, what if that 13th game was against a second FCS team? Are you willing to do that or not? Holmoe hinted that it would be better to have that week to not sustain further injuries and be healthier.

My opinion is that if we are talking a second FCS team, then I say NO, I'd rather opt out of the 13th game for the 2011 season. Unless those games open a season, to me they are practically worthless.
I don't care who they play. I love watching BYU football so get me 13 games even if it means we are playing Weber State. 8 home games would be awesome next year.

YBrit
All-American

Post by YBrit »

I have to remember beggars can't be choosers. Take what we can get even if that means more speedy acc teams.

twitter.com/Y4LYFE
Marsha's hiding in Lubbock, TX.

"We were boxed in and they weren't letting us breathe." -TH
Italics
Heisman Winner

Post by Italics »

YBrit wrote:I have to remember beggars can't be choosers. Take what we can get even if that means more speedy acc teams.
IMO Georgia Tech has looked somewhat slow every time I've watched them play. in fact, I think their games are some of the most boring to watch in all of college football.

The more I see... the less I believe
The more I hear... the less I care
EM_Puma
Pro

Post by EM_Puma »

I haven't verified this information correct, but if it is...

Sept 7 - Texas
Sept 14 - @ Hawaii
Oct. 12- G.Tech
TBD - Utah
TBD - BSU

Sept 6 - @Texas
Oct. 11 - @ G. Tech
TBD - @Utah
TBD - @BSU
TBD - @UCF

2013 is a great home schedule. What are they going to do about 2014? If you have ALL of those teams as the away games, who are you bringing in for games at LES without creating one horrifically difficult schedule?

jonnylingo
All Star
Fan Level: Don't Like BYU

Post by jonnylingo »

EM_Puma wrote:I haven't verified this information correct, but if it is...

Sept 7 - Texas
Sept 14 - @ Hawaii
Oct. 12- G.Tech
TBD - Utah
TBD - BSU

Sept 6 - @Texas
Oct. 11 - @ G. Tech
TBD - @Utah
TBD - @BSU
TBD - @UCF

2013 is a great home schedule. What are they going to do about 2014? If you have ALL of those teams as the away games, who are you bringing in for games at LES without creating one horrifically difficult schedule?
With those games in place fill the voids with patsies please.