BYU - GT Home and Home

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
BigCougsFan
All-American
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: BYU - GT Home and Home

Post by BigCougsFan »

EM_Puma wrote:Holmoe is going to have to step up his level of execution in my book. That's why they pay him the big bucks.
I understand the concerns with the home schedule BUT there will ALWAYS be at least one person who will not be impressed with Bronco or Holmoe IF things don't go that person's way.

Do you think Tom wanted this to go that way? There is way more to it, than just asking a school to meet us on the football field.

Tom is doing a damn fine job with the resources that he has at his disposal.

Looks like you are the one that's not impressed with Holmoe in this category.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image

Y 4 Ever
All-American
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by Y 4 Ever »

EM_Puma wrote: Holmoe is still, and has been in the past, hinting that we might not take that 13th game in 2011. In a tweet today also it sounds like for certain one of the teams coming to LES next year will probably be a FCS team AGAIN.

My question to others is, what if that 13th game was against a second FCS team? Are you willing to do that or not? Holmoe hinted that it would be better to have that week to not sustain further injuries and be healthier.

My opinion is that if we are talking a second FCS team, then I say NO, I'd rather opt out of the 13th game for the 2011 season. Unless those games open a season, to me they are practically worthless.
I'm fine with it. Give me a 13th game, another chance to pack into LES to watch the Cougs play. More TV money. More gate money. More experience.

An extra game is a good thing - even against a 1-AA team.

EM_Puma
Pro
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by EM_Puma »

BigCougsFan wrote:
EM_Puma wrote:Holmoe is going to have to step up his level of execution in my book. That's why they pay him the big bucks.
I understand the concerns with the home schedule BUT there will ALWAYS be at least one person who will not be impressed with Bronco or Holmoe IF things don't go that person's way.

Do you think Tom wanted this to go that way? There is way more to it, than just asking a school to meet us on the football field.

Tom is doing a damn fine job with the resources that he has at his disposal.

Looks like you are the one that's not impressed with Holmoe in this category.

It was a TIC comment using Bronco verbage (you know, "executing at a higher level", etc). I think Holmoe has done as well as anyone else would in his position and it's good to finally see him scheduling BCS opponents in LES. I am just amazed at how our ESPN contract changed the environment to the degree it has.

jonnylingo
All Star
Fan Level: Don't Like BYU

Post by jonnylingo »

O
CAFB_04-12 wrote:
EM_Puma wrote:
jonnylingo wrote:With those games in place fill the voids with patsies please.
So you would pay current season ticket price to watch just "patsies" in 2014?

I don't believe I would and that's my point. I imagine we just need to let this thing settle down (being independent) over more than just the first few years, but having never been in that situation, I don't know if I would be willing to pay regular season ticket prices if they don't end up with any BCS teams at home and especially if we start again the practice of playing FCS teams regularly. Holmoe is going to have to step up his level of execution in my book. That's why they pay him the big bucks.
I would pay money to watch BYU play any team on the planet. Period.
That is what I was thinking. I want to win. With those four teams if we beat a few of them and then win out we are ranked and on our way. Rather win and be ranked then only play good teams at home. A balance is good.