I'm not worried about this year

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
Brayden Green
Over-Achiever
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

I'm not worried about this year

Post by Brayden Green »

I am worried about next year. This year is officially in the books as a rebuilding year, as many of us thought it would be. i am worried that the coaching debacles will still carry over into next season, and if ESPN has a "back out clause" just in case we suck beyond all reason next year too. It is a very big reality that we start out at 1-2 or even 0-3 to start out the season, and if we continue the way we are playing (with little, to no progress) it is a reality, not a possibility.

Jamie Hill is gone, and that was a huge upgrade. We need to use this year to prepare for next year, while still winning games. I don't think that we need to do that WITH Robert Anae. I think that we win the next 4 games pounding the ball through the tackles, and the occasional playaction rollout. We need to go bowling, for sure. Anae hasn't gotten us "there" and it is very plain to me that he never will. Bronco needs to firesale his offensive coaching staff - keeping a select few - and use this as a pre-spring practice. All this should only happen if we know that we can go bowling. We need the extra 3 weeks of practice for next season, win or lose. It is time to fish or cut bait. I don't see how the playcalling or offense can get worse at this point.

Remember, we open up against Oregon State, Texas, and Utah. Time to get the foundation in place. Robert Anae is building our house upon sand... who is the rock?
Last edited by Brayden Green on Mon Oct 18, 2010 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

When Brayden posts Kalani be like:

Lawboy
Over-Achiever
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Re: I'm not worried about this year

Post by Lawboy »

My sources tell me that the BYU O ran the same stuff they have all year in practice today. No focus on the I and play action. Mostly spread with some I. I just hope we were focusing on 3rd and long today. Otherwise, we will stubbornly stick with the current plan and probably lose another game we should not.

lfurr
Recruit
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by lfurr »

Glad I'm not the only one. I am worred about next year as well. We will start the season at number 8 bazillion in the polls, and we will most likely not be a whole lot better than we are now. I couldn't agree with the OP more. Sure hope I am proven wrong. Looking forward to bball season though. :)

YBrit
All-American
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Post by YBrit »

Anae won't adapt, BM allows for it. IE-He's lost control of offense. IE, if we play the same offense as we did at TCU and produce the same O I want Anae to resign, I don't care about talent excuses, any great coach can get kids to play above themselves and the Os aren't doing it. Having said that, if we put up numbers this team is capable of (whatever that may be) then I'll back off Anae. BTW-we start next season at 1-3. @osu, @T-A, utah. And not to mention CF-a worse team with the 1 thing we never have: speed.
I'd imagine having Drew Philips will be Jenkins-like help, but Anae is trying to find a way to redshirt Philips again...probably to force him to transfer.

twitter.com/Y4LYFE
Marsha's hiding in Lubbock, TX.

"We were boxed in and they weren't letting us breathe." -TH