THE GIANTS WIN THE PENNANT! THE GIANTS WIN THE PENNANT!!!

Discussion for professional sporting events/teams and players.

This would be a great place to discuss the Super Bowl, the NBA Playoffs or whatever else.
GolfDiveNCougs
Sophomore
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

THE GIANTS WIN THE PENNANT! THE GIANTS WIN THE PENNANT!!!

Post by GolfDiveNCougs »

I can't believe it!!! Torture never felt so good!!! I swear, Brian Wilson's sole goal in life must be to forcibly remove years from mine!
Such an awesome story. Bunch of rookies and has-been's (or as one idiot sportswriter wrote: misfits and cast-offs) setting aside attitudes and egos, and playing the kind of ball that'll beat the better "on-paper" teams!

Interesting stat: The Phillies scored MORE runs in the series, yet the Giants found a way to win TWICE as many games. They trust each other!

Good news is, I feel pretty much the same way about the Rangers (and think it's HILARIOUS that the red-headed step-pro-team of the greater Dallas area is the only one doing anything this year!) Check your ego at the door and play ball.

I'm so psyched! This is going to be a GREAT World Series!

GO GIANTS!!!

Mars
Retired
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: THE GIANTS WIN THE PENNANT! THE GIANTS WIN THE PENNANT!!

Post by Mars »

Almost every game SF has won in almost every series has been by 1 run.

They have homefield advantage over the Rangers, who they have beat at home 11 times in a row now.

The Giants haven't been to the World Series since 2002, when Barry Bonds was on the team. The time before that was the Battle of the Bay (against the A's) with the big San Fran earthquake.
They haven't won one since the 50's or so.

Mars Cauthon, Prince of the Cougars!
Resident board douchebag.
https://twitter.com/#!/eldermars