BYU vs Creighton 12/1/10

BYU Cougars on the court.
hawkwing
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: BYU vs Creighton 12/1/10

Post by hawkwing »

Feel free to join the live chat going on now... http://www.cougarcorner.com/mchat.php#mChat" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

YBrit
All-American
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Post by YBrit »

mizzoucoug wrote:Davies is a beast tonight. Without him we don't have a chance. 68-58.

I didn't like his quick weak fouls called by refs. He should tell the refs his last point was for them :lol:

twitter.com/Y4LYFE
Marsha's hiding in Lubbock, TX.

"We were boxed in and they weren't letting us breathe." -TH
YBrit
All-American

Post by YBrit »

work on FT dammit.

twitter.com/Y4LYFE
Marsha's hiding in Lubbock, TX.

"We were boxed in and they weren't letting us breathe." -TH
Mars
Retired

Post by Mars »

Smart AP sports writer:

"Collinsworth turned in a career effort after going into the day doubtful because of an ankle injury."

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/7000 ... ctory.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Update: Looks like he went back and edited it out.

Mars Cauthon, Prince of the Cougars!
Resident board douchebag.
https://twitter.com/#!/eldermars
IowaCougar
Junior
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by IowaCougar »

I just got home from the game (2-hour drive). What a great night! Davies brought the BYU crowd to their feet. For a Wednesday night, I was pleased by the number of BYU fans there. When Hartsock got the dunk to put the Cougars up by 10, the BYU fans went wild. It was then that we could tell where all of the Y fans were (pretty much nosebleeds). Davies had a monster game, especially in the 2nd half. So much for our "bigs" not being able to play.

It was well worth the drive!

Italics
Heisman Winner

Post by Italics »

wow, wish I could've seen this game... it's been so long since I've been able to see a BYU big dominate like Davies apparently did tonight. Hope he keeps it up.

The more I see... the less I believe
The more I hear... the less I care
Mars
Retired

Post by Mars »

Today seems to be the first time this team has really starting clicking offensively!

Jimmer was double-teamed often and had an off-night (for him; 13 points, 5 rebounds, 3 assists, 2 steals), CC was still out hurt, and Emery played injured, but guys like Davies (24 points on 9-11 shooting, 6 rebounds) and Kyle C. (12 points,10 rebounds, 2 assists, 1 block) really stepped up. Emery was clutch playing with tons of heart, with 13 points (on 5-7 shooting), 6 rebounds, 3 assists, and 1 steal. Hartsock added 7 points, 5 blocks, 4 rebounds, 2 assists, and 2 steals as well, and Abouo had 5 points, 7 rebounds, 4 assists, and a steal. Things seem to be coming together, where the team isn't one-dimensional anymore, just running through Jimmer. Best of all, the post seems to be improving and being included more in the gameplan!

And the defense is still absolutely lights-out. It's proven to not be a fluke anymore, they're just good, even the tall trees! Creighton starting hitting some 3s to stay in the game, but they almost seemed like fluky desperation shots getting lucky falls, and that still didn't help them in the end. Even the refs seemed to be blatantly one-sided in this game (not calling fouls on the home team, making up stuff against us), but even that didn't faze our crew.

I'm not gonna lie, I was impressed. Maybe even more so than in the St. Mary's win.

GO COUGARS!

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketball ... 1012010133" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mars Cauthon, Prince of the Cougars!
Resident board douchebag.
https://twitter.com/#!/eldermars
gmj81
Junior
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by gmj81 »

IowaCougar wrote:I just got home from the game (2-hour drive). What a great night! Davies brought the BYU crowd to their feet. For a Wednesday night, I was pleased by the number of BYU fans there. When Hartsock got the dunk to put the Cougars up by 10, the BYU fans went wild. It was then that we could tell where all of the Y fans were (pretty much nosebleeds). Davies had a monster game, especially in the 2nd half. So much for our "bigs" not being able to play.

It was well worth the drive!
What's your best guess as to how many Cougar fans were in attendance?

Also, there were 15,500 there tonight supposedly. How close was it to being full?

HoosierCougar
Junior

Post by HoosierCougar »

The place holds almost 18,000. There were easily 500 BYU fans with the majority 2 levels and 20 rows above the BYU bench.

Davies gets an A+ for effort tonight. He really gave his all. He was diving after loose b alls and hustling on D.

After the game several hundred fans went down to the bench and Brian Santiago brought the tean out.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image

SpiffCoug
TV Analyst

Post by SpiffCoug »

Great game. BYU needs guys to step up when Jimmer is off. I think we're turning into a good rebounding team. We have guys who will bang and go get rebounds. KC, Abouo and CC attack rebounds.

BYU PER W/L Since 1972: 432-76 (.850)
(8.4x
YDS)+(330xTD)+(100xCOM)-(200xINT)
..................ATT
SpiffCoug's posts are BB-8 approved!