Now this is funny...

BYU Cougars on the court.
gmj81
Junior
Fan Level: BYU Fan
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Now this is funny...

Post by gmj81 »

when the scoreboard "dig" happened after the USU game, I was embarassed... not because it happened mind you. But because it was so lame.

Now this is actually funny and clever: http://college-football.blogs.cbssports ... a_txt_0001" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Why are we so sensitive and PC-wary anymore that we can't take a few playful jabs for the humor in which they were intended?

I recognize that in both instances, the real "concern" was that it would be seen as a university-backed move. But why are we so worried about that yet never make any attempts to control the students who are in fact not only a part of the university but its most publicly recognizable appendage? It's almost routine nowadays to have the student body and other fan sections chanting crude, crass and vulgar things at the opposing teams. But that is all OK I guess. At least that is the opinion of the Waaahggies of Utah State (And the pukes for that matter). Heaven forbid BYU should do anything to embarrass (in their eyes) their church when most of those doing the complaining are also representatives individually speaking of that very church. Yet they are putting on public displays that would make a crew of sailors blush.

BroncoBot
Retired
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Re: Now this is funny...

Post by BroncoBot »

agreed, dumb firing.

BUT, I'd have been happy if utah's band got fired after their 05 victory on sr. night when they decided to stick around and play their dumb song for 4 hours. In fact, just fire them because that song is so obnoxious that the university should be embarrassed the band plays it at all.

Italics
Heisman Winner
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Re: Now this is funny...

Post by Italics »

that is hilarious

The more I see... the less I believe
The more I hear... the less I care