Cam Newton cleared??

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
Mars
Retired
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: Cam Newton cleared??

Post by Mars »

ABYUFAN wrote: I agree that he gave it up, and in rereading my post I should have been more clear on what I was disagreeing about. Not that he didn't give it up, only that the Trust had already decided not to take it away from him.
I believe the report that the trust DID decide to take it away from him, but that their controlling head really didn't like confidential votes being leaked to the press.

Mars Cauthon, Prince of the Cougars!
Resident board douchebag.
https://twitter.com/#!/eldermars
imuakahuku
All-American
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by imuakahuku »

Lawboy wrote:Reggie Bush just lost his Heisman becuase his parents got a house--not reggie. So the fact family benefitted and not the player is not hte issue. whether the player knows or not is not the issue. It is if a payment is made.

This is temporary. It will blow up after 2010, then Auburn gets tripped, the SEC still got their money, and they are happy.
I noticed that they changed the focus as well. Suddenly its not about if money was given but it was that Cam wasn't the one who brought up money. What a slick move to try and push all this under the rug. SHOW ME THE MONEY!!! I guess that is the new SEC slogan. In the end they get their money, Cam continues to get his paycheck, Auburn goes to the NC game (provided they beat SC), fans think the issue is resolved, and those with good reading and listening skills walk around going hunh?

Brayden Green
Over-Achiever

Post by Brayden Green »

Well of cour$e he was cleared of all charge$. I mean, you don't expect $omeone from the $EC to not win the Hei$man or the National Champion$hip, do you?

I mean, it'$ not illegal to a$k to buy drug$, just to get them - just a$ it's not illegal to a$k for money

... Oh wait.

$peaking of money changing hand$...

When Brayden posts Kalani be like:

SpiffCoug
TV Analyst

Post by SpiffCoug »

One thing I can't reconcile, is the NCAA overriding SEC rules. So is the NCAA saying the SEC rules prohibiting players or their families from receiving or agreeing to receive money is not a valid rule? Or are they saying that SEC schools don't need to adhere to SEC rules?

BYU PER W/L Since 1972: 432-76 (.850)
(8.4x
YDS)+(330xTD)+(100xCOM)-(200xINT)
..................ATT
SpiffCoug's posts are BB-8 approved!
SpiffCoug
TV Analyst

Post by SpiffCoug »

One thing I can't reconcile, is the NCAA overriding SEC rules. So is the NCAA saying the SEC rules prohibiting players or their families from receiving or agreeing to receive money is not a valid rule? Or are they saying that SEC schools don't need to adhere to SEC rules?

BYU PER W/L Since 1972: 432-76 (.850)
(8.4x
YDS)+(330xTD)+(100xCOM)-(200xINT)
..................ATT
SpiffCoug's posts are BB-8 approved!