Stoops

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
Yndian
Sophomore
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: Stoops

Post by Yndian »

declocoug wrote:Great ending. that makes me feel better about BYU getting one blocked. At least it wasn't a PAT. ouch.
And it was the same guy that blocked the PAT near the end of regulation. Ouch is right.

jvquarterback
Heisman Winner
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by jvquarterback »

Mars wrote: P.S. Does this mean either Arizona State or Washington is going to the Las Vegas bowl?
ASU is ineligible as two of their wins are over FCS opponents.

Washington to Holiday bowl if they beat WSU (or alamo if they don't want UA there).
Rumor (on this site) is LV gets NV ore Boise.
Last edited by jvquarterback on Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

If ye love the tranquility of servitude better than the contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.
Sam Adams
jvquarterback
Heisman Winner

Post by jvquarterback »

I'm sure the Holiday bowl is pulling for WSU, uconn and WVU. With the perfect storm they could land ND. The last thing they want is UA and Bob Stoops losing by 30 two years in a row.
Last edited by jvquarterback on Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

If ye love the tranquility of servitude better than the contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.
Sam Adams
Yndian
Sophomore
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by Yndian »

Mars wrote: P.S. Does this mean either Arizona State or Washington is going to the Las Vegas bowl?
ASU has to petition the NCAA to be bowl eligible because their 6-6 record includes two wins over FCS schools, and only one counts towards bowl eligibility. One of the FCS teams they only scheduled because a FBS team bailed on them, and it was too late to find anyone else.

Florwood
Senior

Post by Florwood »

Mars wrote: P.S. Does this mean either Arizona State or Washington is going to the Las Vegas bowl? [/color]
Right now, assuming UW beats WSU:

Oregon NC bowl
Stanford Rose
UW Alamo
ASU Sun
UA Holiday
Empty Las Vegas
Enpty Kraft FH

The only way the LV Bowl gets a pac 10 team is if OSU beats oregon. Then the NC bowl goes away and all the other bowls fill up. That has a nice ring to it, Utah playing UA or OSU.

Mars
Retired
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Post by Mars »

jvquarterback wrote:
ASU is ineligible as two of their wins are over FCS opponents.
Fascinating!

I've been wondering for a long time when that would finally come back to bite a wussy team in the butt!

Mars Cauthon, Prince of the Cougars!
Resident board douchebag.
https://twitter.com/#!/eldermars
jvquarterback
Heisman Winner

Post by jvquarterback »

Yndian wrote:
ASU has to petition the NCAA to be bowl eligible because their 6-6 record includes two wins over FCS schools, and only one counts towards bowl eligibility. One of the FCS teams they only scheduled because a FBS team bailed on them, and it was too late to find anyone else.
ASU had their waiver denied by the NCAA. Good thing, I didn't want them wasting any more of the taxes they steal from me subsidizing a trip to play in the LV bowl in which they would have lost a couple hundred thousand.

Sam Adams
Italics
Heisman Winner

Post by Italics »

ProV1 wrote:Anyone watching Stoops of Arizona? He looks possessed. How could you play for a guy like that? He constantly looks like he's inches from punching someone.
You just explained perfectly what Bronco looks like on the sidelines during games :lol:

The more I see... the less I believe
The more I hear... the less I care
Mars
Retired

Post by Mars »

Florwood wrote: Stanford Rose
ASU Sun
Change Rose to Fiesta and Sun to None.

Mars Cauthon, Prince of the Cougars!