Dysfunction among BYU Coaches

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
SpiffCoug
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: Dysfunction among BYU Coaches

Post by SpiffCoug »

Autuaia is a graduate assistant. That's usually more of a sign of coaching intent than spending several years after your playing career on a ranch.

BYU PER W/L Since 1972: 432-76 (.850)
(8.4x
YDS)+(330xTD)+(100xCOM)-(200xINT)
..................ATT
SpiffCoug's posts are BB-8 approved!
Cougs_Rule
Over-Achiever
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by Cougs_Rule »

There has been at least discontent over the past few years among the coahcing staff at BYU. Discontent has been a prime ingredient for dysfunction. And the first half of the season is indicative of more than just a freshman qb.
If Bronco intends to acheive higher status and play for a BCS bowl and be in the discussion for a NC (i said discussion bc thats all he can control) he wil need absolute unity when it comes to team cohesiveness, passion and effort--just like he created by ousting Hill. AND Bronco will and IS cleansing the inner vessel. It seems odd to many outsiders how he is handling this, but it is about getting the right people on the bus and people in the right seats (Good To Great- Jim Collins)
If Anae wants to stay, he will need to accept a different role and probably a different/improved attitutde--he may or may not want that. The young Doman has risen up and its his offense (ad i contend has been for at least the last 5 or 6 games).
Not sure what to think about Ty. Probably very few better at x's and o's. But not sure about his interest level in a very busy schedule of college football coaching. I could see him, like Chad, wanting to "help out" with QB's, but he has lived all of his college years and worse, how many ever busy years in the NFL. I would be really surprized if he ends up with a coaches cap.
Last edited by Cougs_Rule on Mon Dec 27, 2010 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Y12
Senior

Post by Y12 »

My problem with Ty not having a recruiting area is that TY has lived in Detroit, Atlanta, Philadelphia, and Cleveland. Not to mention Texas. He has/should have connections in all these places. As great as he is at the X and O's, his value as a recruiter to get in doors, not just close the deal, seems to be immense.

SpiffCoug
TV Analyst

Post by SpiffCoug »

dmcougar wrote:There has been at least discontent over the past few years among the coahcing staff at BYU. Discontent has been a prime ingredient for dysfunction. And the first half of the season is indicative of more than just a freshman qb.
If Bronco intends to acheive higher status and play for a BCS bowl and be in the discussion for a NC (i said discussion bc thats all he can control) he wil need absolute unity when it comes to team cohesiveness, passion and effort--just like he created by ousting Hill. AND Bronco will and IS cleansing the inner vessel. It seems odd to many outsiders how he is handling this, but it is about getting the right people on the bus and people in the right seats (Good To Great- Jim Collins)
If Anae wants to stay, he will need to accept a different role and probably a different/improved attitutde--he may or may not want that. The young Doman has risen up and its his offense (ad i contend has been for at least the last 5 or 6 games).
Not sure what to think about Ty. Probably very few better at x's and o's. But not sure about his interest level in a very busy schedule of college football coaching. I could see him, like Chad, wanting to "help out" with QB's, but he has lived all of his college years and worse, how many ever busy years in the NFL. I would be really surprized if he ends up with a coaches cap.
I think when it comes to BYU's coaching staff, what we've seen is the classic example of winning cures all ails. When BYU was winning, discontent on the staff was marginalized. But when the wheels came completely off as they did on both sides of the ball this year, it became clear that changes were needed.

BYU PER W/L Since 1972: 432-76 (.850)
(8.4x
YDS)+(330xTD)+(100xCOM)-(200xINT)
..................ATT
SpiffCoug's posts are BB-8 approved!
scott715
TV Analyst

Post by scott715 »

He might have lived in those areas but he had no contact with high schools or their programs. They might know Ty's name but that would be about it. He might be able to do some recruiting by phone.