Adam-ondi-Ahman

Feel free to discuss appropriate non-BYU/Sports related topics here. We ask you to respect other users, the Church, avoid soapbox postings, and keep it clean.
scott715
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: Adam-ondi-Ahman

Post by scott715 »

There are service missionaries there. They should know. We have a returned couple I can ask at stake conference.

BigCougsFan
All-American

Post by BigCougsFan »

scott715 wrote:There are service missionaries there. They should know. We have a returned couple I can ask at stake conference.
Yes please do. I will be driving my family out to Tennessee within the next couple months. I will pass through again if I can get more info.

If the place wasn't covered with snow. I probably would have found the foundation like Sno and be looking at my souvenir at this moment.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image

snoscythe
Retired

Post by snoscythe »

BigCougsFan wrote:
scott715 wrote:There are service missionaries there. They should know. We have a returned couple I can ask at stake conference.
Yes please do. I will be driving my family out to Tennessee within the next couple months. I will pass through again if I can get more info.

If the place wasn't covered with snow. I probably would have found the foundation like Sno and be looking at my souvenir at this moment.

If I remember correctly, there is a plaque on the hilltop that points you in the right direction "The foundation of the Lyman house still lies due West of this marker" or something to that effect.

BigCougsFan
All-American

Post by BigCougsFan »

snoscythe wrote:
BigCougsFan wrote:

If I remember correctly, there is a plaque on the hilltop that points you in the right direction "The foundation of the Lyman house still lies due West of this marker" or something to that effect.
Yes there is. Everything is covered in snow. So when I went down there, I couldn't see a thing, other than the landscape. There looked to be a clearing where I thought it was, but can't say for certain.

snoscythe
Retired

Post by snoscythe »

BigCougsFan wrote:
snoscythe wrote:
BigCougsFan wrote:

Yes there is. Everything is covered in snow. So when I went down there, I couldn't see a thing, other than the landscape. There looked to be a clearing where I thought it was, but can't say for certain.

It's not in a clearing....no where near it. There was an 8" diameter tree growing in the middle of the foundation. You really have to look for it. You could walk within 5 feet of it and not notice unless you were looking close. We went in the spring, and it was nearly buried in leaves from the previous Fall.

BigCougsFan
All-American

Post by BigCougsFan »

There is a road at the bottom. Do you remember if you passed that or not? On the other side of the road, the Church posted no trespassing signs.

snoscythe
Retired

Post by snoscythe »

Don't recall one way or another whether we crossed a road or not--it was 15ish years ago. It does seem to me that it was on the side of the same hill as the plaque.

bigbluepuma
All-American
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by bigbluepuma »

My sister-in-law and husband were there on a mission. We went to visit and got a personal tour. We talked a lot about such legends and rumors. You might want to not worry too much about them. Anything resembling an original rock from an alter has long been part of Sno's souvenier collection. Anything you might find there now has been planted. Don't put too much stock in the other rumors you have heard either. :roll:

BigCougsFan
All-American

Post by BigCougsFan »

bigbluepuma wrote:My sister-in-law and husband were there on a mission. We went to visit and got a personal tour. We talked a lot about such legends and rumors. You might want to not worry too much about them. Anything resembling an original rock from an alter has long been part of Sno's souvenier collection. Anything you might find there now has been planted. Don't put too much stock in the other rumors you have heard either. :roll:
I take it that you didn't see the altar either ;)

CougarClaw
Pro

Post by CougarClaw »

BigCougsFan wrote:
bigbluepuma wrote:My sister-in-law and husband were there on a mission. We went to visit and got a personal tour. We talked a lot about such legends and rumors. You might want to not worry too much about them. Anything resembling an original rock from an alter has long been part of Sno's souvenier collection. Anything you might find there now has been planted. Don't put too much stock in the other rumors you have heard either. :roll:
I take it that you didn't see the altar either ;)

nor the Unicorn of Fire? What about the goblet of fire? The one ring?