Crime wave hits BYU

Feel free to discuss appropriate non-BYU/Sports related topics here. We ask you to respect other users, the Church, avoid soapbox postings, and keep it clean.
urroner
Heisman Winner
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: Crime wave hits BYU

Post by urroner »

Schmoe wrote:I wasn't completely naked, I had my spurs on. But no matter how hard I kicked, that @#$% cougar wouldn't move!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I wasn't expecting a response so soon from you Schmoe. You're awesome dude. :crazy:

Where the hell am I going and why am I in this handbasket?
Schmoe
Retired
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Post by Schmoe »

Yep, four more months of graveyard shifts and serving people food, then never again! :crazy:

I'm just a regular, everyday normal guy,
I can't afford a car, I use public transportation,
I don't mind, I read till I reach my destination,
sometimes a newspaper, sometimes a book,
the money I save, this stuff is off the hook,
birdie702
BLUEshirt
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by birdie702 »

I had a run in with the police while I was at the Y. I don't remember whether it was campus or Provo, but it makes for a good story and I believe it did appear in the Police Beat.

So I'm at my apartment studying for an exam one afternoon and the phone rings. When I answer, it sounds like a nervous 12 year old boy trying his first prank phone call on the other end. All he said was, "Is Seymour Butts there?" I just laughed and told him he called a wrong number. Couple minutes later the phone rang again. Keep in mind that this was before the days of caller ID. So I answer and I get the same nervous kid asking for "Seymour Butts". I decided to play along and said, "No, but this is Harry Balls." I get an immediate hang up.

Later that night the police came by our apartment and asked that all the roommates gather. They then go on to explain that a freshman girl in the dorms reported an obscene phone call was made of a sexual nature. They explain that placing an obscene phone carries a $200 fine in Provo. I laughed and told them how it went down and that they couldn't do abything about it because SHE placed the phone call and not ME. They asked me to keep it clean in the future and left.

Turns out one of my roommates cleaned windows at Heritage Halls and that morning he had left a fake message on the refrigerator instructing one of the girls to return a phone call from "Seymour Butts" and attached our phone number. It was meant to be a joke that the girls would laugh at when they saw it, but apparently this chick was too dense to pick up on the joke.

That night I put my headphones on and fell asleep to the sweet sounds of NWA's classic "F*ck Tha Police" and decided then and there to go to law school.

OK, I made the last sentence up. The rest is true. Ha!

-----------------------

That's freaken hilarious...

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image

urroner
Heisman Winner
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by urroner »

Jul 05, 2011 edition highlights:

July 1: A new student reported his items were stolen from the Richards Building. However, after searching he found he had been checking the wrong lockers.

June 29: A lady reported a man was stealing laundry from her at an apartment facility. However, it turns out the lady was mistaken, and the laundry was his.

July 2: Nine ducklings got stuck in a pond near the Museum of Art. An officer put a board down in the pond and the ducklings climbed out.

Okay, which of you dudes had your daughters do this? You are so bad. You waited too long to teach them how to do it right. They need to be taught in their youth, just like the BofM teaches.
July 4: Two juvenile females were arrested for trespassing at the BYU football stadium.

Where the hell am I going and why am I in this handbasket?