Carl Bloch at the BYU MOA

Feel free to discuss appropriate non-BYU/Sports related topics here. We ask you to respect other users, the Church, avoid soapbox postings, and keep it clean.
HoosierCougar
Junior
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Carl Bloch at the BYU MOA

Post by HoosierCougar »

After the SDSU game I went with my wife to the BYU Museum of Art for the Carl Bloch exhibit. WOW! What an amazing artist. His works of the life of Christ are powerful The Spirit was strong as we entered the exhibit area.

Many of the pieces are from alters of Lutheran Churches in Denmark and Sweden on loan to the MOA. He really understood the Savior's mission. This 19th Century artist had a pretty nice reunion when he crossed to his eternal rest.

If you are or will be in the Provo vicinity before the exhibit ends, go online and get your free reservation (no tickets, just reservations so it doesn't get too crowded). There is an optional iPad tour with additional commentary, images and detail for $3 per iPad. We saw some people sharing, but were told that it takes about 2 hours to complete the tour with an iPad. We spent probably 90 minutes without the iPads, just looking, reading a bit and reflecting.

Here's the link to the exhibit site: http://carlbloch.byu.edu/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Enjoy!

HC

BroncoBot
Retired

Re: Carl Bloch at the BYU MOA

Post by BroncoBot »

Damn you HoosierCougar. Thanks for reminding me that I'm stuck here in Philadelphia and will never get to see those works. My parents actually just went and saw it as well. They loved it. Said it was very powerful. Who knows, maybe I'll make a pilgrimage to the "Holy Land" and check them out before they send em back to Europe.

Glad you were able to see it and enjoy it!

HoosierCougar
Junior

Post by HoosierCougar »

No salt intended in your wounds... I just happened to be transferred here a couple years ago and taking advantage while I am close.

I assumed Declo was in south central Idaho. Silly me!

bigbluepuma
All-American
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by bigbluepuma »

It really is a singularly great experience. The Spirit was amazing, the stories were wonderful, and the artistry was photo realistic, right down to the skin texture. I would really recommend the I-pad, because it gives you so much more insight, but either way, it is a great exhibit and a spiritual experience that I recommend to everyone.