Debt Ceiling

Feel free to discuss appropriate non-BYU/Sports related topics here. We ask you to respect other users, the Church, avoid soapbox postings, and keep it clean.
CougarClaw
Pro
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Debt Ceiling

Post by CougarClaw »

Boehner can't play nice with the White House
Obama gets on national TV regularly to play his blame game
Republicans have a plan! REJECTED
Democrats have a plan! REJECTED
Tea Party will only have it their way or they'll take their ball and go home
Obama is isolated his liberals fanbase with his "good deal and massive concessions"

Anyone else think that a deal was impossible?

How on earth are they "close to a deal" with one day of negotiations after months of posturing, white noise, and apparently political nonsense?

Anyone running for Congress on a Term limit Platform? I'll vote for you. This is so ridiculous.

CAFB_04-12
All-American
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Re: Debt Ceiling

Post by CAFB_04-12 »

I stopped voting for imbumbents (D) and (R) years ago.

BoiseBYU
All Star
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by BoiseBYU »

CAFB_04-12 wrote:I stopped voting for imdbumbents (D) and (R) years ago.
I edited this for you...

mizzoucoug
Pro

Post by mizzoucoug »

Everyone in D.C. is pissed at the Tea Party because they are disrupting "business as usual." I think it's fantastic and exactly what America needs right now.

BroncoBot
Retired
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Post by BroncoBot »

mizzoucoug wrote:Everyone in D.C. is pissed at the Tea Party because they are disrupting "business as usual." I think it's fantastic and exactly what America needs right now.
Huge Amen to that Mizzou!

At a time like this fools who do not understand how important this matter is and have allowed themselves to be hoodwinked by the status quo need to take a back-seat to doing what's right. I love what those who have fought to not raise the debt ceiling have done. Keep up the good work.

nuk13
All-American

Post by nuk13 »

When I was a kid a lot of people had open wells they'd draw water out of. We used to drop rocks in them to and listen to how long it took for them to hit and make a splash. Has anyone heard the splash made by the falling markets??? How ironic that the debt ceiling just keeps going up and the markets and jobs are going down. There couldn't possible be a connection.

While I'm at it, many of the same indumbents (thanks, you guys for a vast improvement on the spelling of that word.) didn't want to hurt the caribou by drilling for oil in ANWR (or hardly anywhere else). I thought they were all going to die after the pipeline was put in 30 or 40 years ago. Now we have $3.50 to $4+ feul. That's a big help for the "poor" they're going to help, especially when they can't get a job nor afford the feul to look. Wait, the president said he'd get them jobs. Maybe next year.

No, I don't vote for indumbents either.