Programming ideas for BYUtv

Feel free to discuss appropriate non-BYU/Sports related topics here. We ask you to respect other users, the Church, avoid soapbox postings, and keep it clean.
BroncoBot
Retired
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Programming ideas for BYUtv

Post by BroncoBot »

I'm home today with church canceled. Last night I had what I thought was a good idea for a new show on BYUtv. It would be great to have a good lineup of shows that people actually stuck around to watch before or after a football game (or the sporting event of your choice). If anyone has any other ideas, put them in this thread. I'd love to hear what people around here think of.

I'm going to school in Philadelphia and get a lot of questions about the church. Most people, as I'm sure a lot of you have noticed, are very interested in the idea of a 2 year voluntary mission for the church. A lot of misconceptions are floating around out there concerning missions and it's nice to be able to straighten these out from time to time. I think a lot of people would watch a show that tours the world visiting LDS missions and visits some of the places that are associated with those missions. It would almost be like a travel show, you could put the history (world and church), local food, language, shows, customs, little known places of interest etc etc. Get a good production crew to put it in a weekly program and if done right, I would watch it.

Anyone care to improve on this idea? Or have any original ideas? BYUtv is a tremendous opportunity for BYU, students at BYU, and the church. I look at some of the programming and find it stale, but it has the potential to be the best family channel on television.