Jaren Hall going pro?

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
Fido
All Star
Fan Level: BYU Fan
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Jaren Hall going pro?

Post by Fido »

scott715
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Re: Jaren Hall going pro?

Post by scott715 »

He needs more in game experience. You can't get that sitting on the bench in the pros.

byufan4ever
Heisman Winner

Post by byufan4ever »

I'll never fault anyone for wanting to make a buck. He has his age against him. But I would think that another good/great season would really help his draft stock.

"life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it." - Charles Swindoll
NCAA Tournament > empty wins
frdbtr
Over-Achiever
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by frdbtr »

Most important recruiting the coaches will do this off season is to convince Jaren Hall and Tyler Algier to return for a NC run next year.

byufan4ever
Heisman Winner

Post by byufan4ever »

frdbtr wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 3:56 am Most important recruiting the coaches will do this off season is to convince Jaren Hall and Tyler Algier to return for a NC run next year.
Now if I was advising Allgeier I would actually tell him to go into the draft. I mean, as a BYU fan of course I want him to stay. But if he's 3rd round material he should go now. RBs can only take so many hits and that position generally has the shortest career lifespan. My armchair advice is for Hall to stay and Allgeier to go.

frdbtr
Over-Achiever
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by frdbtr »

byufan4ever wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 8:24 am
frdbtr wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 3:56 am Most important recruiting the coaches will do this off season is to convince Jaren Hall and Tyler Algier to return for a NC run next year.
Now if I was advising Allgeier I would actually tell him to go into the draft. I mean, as a BYU fan of course I want him to stay. But if he's 3rd round material he should go now. RBs can only take so many hits and that position generally has the shortest career lifespan. My armchair advice is for Hall to stay and Allgeier to go.
He will probably go but think how good this offense would be with him back. He would shatter all of BYU's rushing records in only 3 years of play. The guy is the closest thing we have seen to Luke Staley and I would love to see him back.

byufan4ever
Heisman Winner

Post by byufan4ever »

frdbtr wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 5:41 am
byufan4ever wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 8:24 am
He will probably go but think how good this offense would be with him back. He would shatter all of BYU's rushing records in only 3 years of play. The guy is the closest thing we have seen to Luke Staley and I would love to see him back.
No doubt that as a fan I would love to have him back. But I think he has to go pro. That's what the realist/analyst in me says.