Who is watching College Gameday at Air Force Saturday?

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
Mars
Retired
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Who is watching College Gameday at Air Force Saturday?

Post by Mars »

"'GAMEDAY' AT AFA: For the second time in three weeks, ESPN's "College GameDay" will originate from a Mountain West Conference institution on Saturday...

"GameDay" will be at the Air Force Academy this week for the AFA-Army game, which airs later that day on CBS-CS. The visit is part of a programming package on ESPN that's sort of a salute to the troops leading up to Veterans Day."

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/7053 ... ack=rss-28

Mars Cauthon, Prince of the Cougars!
Resident board douchebag.
https://twitter.com/#!/eldermars
EM_Puma
Pro
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Re: Who is watching College Gameday at Air Force Saturday?

Post by EM_Puma »

I watch it every week. It's part of my Saturday ritual. I love that it comes on at 8 am MST and I don't have to wait until 10 as back east. My wife actually watched it for the first time ever when it was in Provo, and while she is not a big sports enthusist, she said she really loved the program and watche some of again with me last week.

I'm very appreciative that the MWC would have two GameDays in one season. That is a mark of honor in my book.

Mars
Retired

Post by Mars »

EM_Puma wrote: I watch it every week. It's part of my Saturday ritual... My wife actually watched it for the first time ever when it was in Provo, and while she is not a big sports enthusist, she said she really loved the program and watche some of again with me last week...
It was the first time I watched it as well. I'm not a a huge ESPN fan, and I dislike most talking heads. It's a good show though (maybe a little too early for my tastes).

P.S. Which Puma are you on the "other" board? There are two, but each with different beginnings to their username...

hawkwing
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by hawkwing »

Mars wrote:
EM_Puma wrote: I watch it every week. It's part of my Saturday ritual... My wife actually watched it for the first time ever when it was in Provo, and while she is not a big sports enthusist, she said she really loved the program and watche some of again with me last week...
It was the first time I watched it as well. I'm not a a huge ESPN fan, and I dislike most talking heads. It's a good show though (maybe a little too early for my tastes).

P.S. Which Puma are you on the "other" board? There are two, but each with different beginnings to their username...
More importantly what part of Eagle Mountain do you live in? Maybe we are neighbors.

EM_Puma
Pro
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by EM_Puma »

Yes, I'm AF_Puma on CougarBlue and that's because I was living in American Fork when I first started on the site in the early part of the decade. About five years ago I moved to Eagle Mountain and therefore I'm now EM_Puma. I live in "the Ranches" in EM

hawkwing
TV Analyst

Post by hawkwing »

EM_Puma wrote:Yes, I'm AF_Puma on CougarBlue and that's because I was living in American Fork when I first started on the site in the early part of the decade. About five years ago I moved to Eagle Mountain and therefore I'm now EM_Puma. I live in "the Ranches" in EM
I also live in the Ranches, neighbor!

Mars
Retired

Post by Mars »

EM_Puma wrote:Yes, I'm AF_Puma on CougarBlue and that's because I was living in American Fork when I first started on the site in the early part of the decade. About five years ago I moved to Eagle Mountain and therefore I'm now EM_Puma. I live in "the Ranches" in EM
Cool, that makes sense.
Welcome to CougarCorner!

Schmoe
Retired

Post by Schmoe »

How do you guys deal with the traffic? I go up there once in a blue moon and it drives me crazy!

I'm just a regular, everyday normal guy,
I can't afford a car, I use public transportation,
I don't mind, I read till I reach my destination,
sometimes a newspaper, sometimes a book,
the money I save, this stuff is off the hook,
hawkwing
TV Analyst

Post by hawkwing »

Schmoe wrote:How do you guys deal with the traffic? I go up there once in a blue moon and it drives me crazy!
I think we feel the same way. At least I do.

The real problem is that there's only one real route to EM, and if there's a snow storm, or a car accident, things get really ugly. For normal ever day driving I leave for work before morning traffic and come home usually after evening traffic is over.

Schmoe
Retired

Post by Schmoe »

To get back on topic, I watched Gameday this morning and couldn't help but feel a surge of honor and respect as they spoke about the two service academies facing one another. These young men are extremely disciplined and see their lives in a much different perspective than most college students. Thank goodness that in the wake of Blount, Spikes, Lambert, etc. I can turn on the tv and watch two teams that earn respect by what they dedicate themselves to and the way they conduct themselves both on and off the field. It's good to be reminded that many student-athletes are doing what's right. I still love college football!!

I'm just a regular, everyday normal guy,
I can't afford a car, I use public transportation,
I don't mind, I read till I reach my destination,
sometimes a newspaper, sometimes a book,
the money I save, this stuff is off the hook,