Biggest Win Ever?

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
Metallicat
BLUEshirt
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Biggest Win Ever?

Post by Metallicat »

After the OU game there were a lot of fans on CB, TBS, Deepshades etc saying that was the biggest win in school history. I held firm that the Holiday Bowl win over Michigan was the biggest win ever. Now that the sooners lost again,(what are they 5-4?) how many people still think that was the biggest win ever?

CAFB_04-12
All-American
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Re: Biggest Win Ever?

Post by CAFB_04-12 »

At the time it felt big. And I think if OU has Bradford they win more games this year.

The win against Miami was probably better in the sense that Miami finished in the top 10 that year I think.

Of course, the 1984 Holiday Bowl brought the iron, so that probably gets my vote.

Iceman
BLUEshirt
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by Iceman »

Of course, the 1984 Michigan win has to be the biggest. 2nd has to be Miami. Remember, they came in here ranked #1, and the defending national champs. The loss dropped them severely, but they clawed back into the top 10. Oklahoma was #3, and may not make it back into the top 10.

*Cough* *Cough* - Hmmm, looks like swine flu. Time to go see a ewet!
Schmoe
Retired
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Post by Schmoe »

The Michigan game was huge in that it solidified our NC, but it was the culmination of an entire season. In terms of a single win against the most talented and respected opponent we've ever played, I'd say the Miami game was far and away the biggest win for our program.

I'm just a regular, everyday normal guy,
I can't afford a car, I use public transportation,
I don't mind, I read till I reach my destination,
sometimes a newspaper, sometimes a book,
the money I save, this stuff is off the hook,
snoscythe
Retired
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Post by snoscythe »

The Oklahoma game had the potential to be the biggest win ever, and it certainly felt like it for two weeks. After the FSU and TCU games though, it will probably go down as one of the biggest wasted opportunities in BYU history.