Will Wynn Crumble or Shine Against TCU?

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
jonnylingo
All Star
Fan Level: Don't Like BYU
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Will Wynn Crumble or Shine Against TCU?

Post by jonnylingo »

Aside from the fact that he couldn't look any gayer in this picture, how do you think Wynn will do against TCU?

Will Beadles keep Hughes in check allowing him to throw. He seems like a decent passer, something Cain most definitely was not. Will Utah's decent O-line allow Utah to establish a running game and protect Wynn?

It seems to me that Utah's defense is going to give TCU's offense a run for their money. TCU's offense is good, but not that good and if Utah gets pressure on Dalton this seems to be his weakness.

I see this being a low scoring game unfortunately. I think TCU wins handedly if they can cause Wynn to throw a few interceptions. Problem is Wynn is used to going against a speedy defense every week.

I am torn on this game. I would say that Utah doesn't manage to put up more than 13 points. I think TCU will put up 17 to 20 points.

I hope I am wrong and TCU just obliterates Utah. That would just make my whole week. I think that Wynn ends up throwing at least two picks. I hope TCU handles the pressure and doesn't come out flat. I don't think they will. This is last year's byu game to them. Patterson will have them UP and READY. I am going to say crumble.

Lawboy
Over-Achiever
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Re: Will Wynn Crumble or Shine Against TCU?

Post by Lawboy »

I think Wynn turns it over 2 times and TCU pounces. Utah is a slow starting team this year, and TCU will get up early and make Utah 1 dimensional. Utah is good, but Oregon hung 34 on them and TCU will be close to that. Plus, Utah will not score more than 1 TD, unless the Utah D scores.

By the way, did you mention that Utah is at the bottom nationally in red zone offense? Utah will not get the big plays v. TCU, so Utah is going to struggle to get 6.

TCU 34
Utah 13

And Ute will talk about how they lose by less than BYU did in Ft. Worth.

EM_Puma
Pro

Post by EM_Puma »

It was interesting to see Greg Wrubell have reservations about this game as he's seeing it as I am that Utah in the last few years has just seemed to come out on top in "most" (not all because "Harline's still open" and "4th and 28") big games, but I gave them no hope whatsoever in the Sugar Bowl last January even if Alabama was down for not being in the national championship and then they went out and just whipped them like dirty rug.

QB is one of their most vulnerable positions.

Someone asked Patterson if TCU was cresting at the right time and I'd be a bit worried at that if I were him because they have been just rolling over people pretty well as of late and that's when teams get vulnerable.

Lawboy
Over-Achiever

Post by Lawboy »

I thought Utah would beat Bama last year because Bama was overrated and horrible on O, and Utah was really talented with great senior leadership. Utah does not have it this year. That D is very good, but not as good as last year, certainly not dominant. And their O this year is dreadful. Utah rolled UNLV, Wyoming, USU and other weakling s last year. This year, not so much. If the Utah tea shows up same as every other game this year--think SJSU, USU, Wyo, UNLV, AFA, etc, TCU will roll them. Plus, the 2008 game will have the Frogs ready to play and they will not overlook this game. They are going to come out pumped like they did v. BYU is 2008. Wynn will not be able to handle that. Patterson is going to throw looks at him he is not ready for. Guaranteed. Freshman get killed in these games.

BYUTIME
Recruit

Post by BYUTIME »

Utah has a knack for pulling out wins--like TCU, Oregon State and Alabama in 08. The problem for them though is this year they're having to pull out wins against some pretty crappy teams. Utah will get exposed and Wynn will get beat up. Just my take.

mormonrasta
Junior

Post by mormonrasta »

Utah hasn't beaten a legit top 25 team (a team that finishes ranked) on the road since 1994. They won't start now.

cachevalleycougar
BLUEshirt
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Post by cachevalleycougar »

True freshman just don't win games like these against (arguably) the best defense in the country. TCU is just so complete - they really don't have a weakness anywhere. Utah has shown that their offense is stagnant and troublesome at times. They've had to pull multiple games out of their backsides against teams that shouldn't have given them any trouble. Once Wynn gets knocked down a couple times, starts firing balls to get rid of it, and has his first turnover, the game will be over. I really don't think he has any clue what he's up against. :munch:

Schmoe
Retired

Post by Schmoe »

I feel bad for the kid, he's going to get absolutely crushed vs TCU. Roll Frogs?

I'm just a regular, everyday normal guy,
I can't afford a car, I use public transportation,
I don't mind, I read till I reach my destination,
sometimes a newspaper, sometimes a book,
the money I save, this stuff is off the hook,
Lawboy
Over-Achiever

Post by Lawboy »

You guys remember John Beck as a sophomore right? Back in 2004? Yeah, that will be Wynn at TCU. This kid can be really good(I hate saying it too), but he is not there right now. I think the TCU D is salivating as we speak. The orcs will get their fresh meats.

UVACoug
BLUEshirt

Post by UVACoug »

mormonrasta wrote:Utah hasn't beaten a legit top 25 team (a team that finishes ranked) on the road since 1994. They won't start now.
Except Alabama last year. I guess technically it wasn't a road game since it was a neutral site.