BYU to play in the Bowl Las Vegas (AGAIN)?

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
Schmoe
Retired
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: BYU to play in the Bowl Las Vegas (AGAIN)?

Post by Schmoe »

Such a joke, and it just reconfirmed what everyone had already learned about PAC 10 officials from football.

I'm just a regular, everyday normal guy,
I can't afford a car, I use public transportation,
I don't mind, I read till I reach my destination,
sometimes a newspaper, sometimes a book,
the money I save, this stuff is off the hook,
Wickchad
All-American
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by Wickchad »

I would love to go to the Vegas Bowl this year. Just give us any opponent other than Arizona or UCLA. Even Cal might be a little disappointing since we have played them in the bowl game before. I'm holding my breath that Cal loses to Stanford and Washington and Arizona beats Arizona State and USC. That should lock USC in the 5th spot.

Lawboy
Over-Achiever
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by Lawboy »

At the end of the day, the LV Bowl is going to pick the team that helps them sell more tickets, and improves their TV rating the most. In other words, the LV Bowl will choose BYU, win or lose on Nov. 28. BYU always sells all of its tickets for the game, BYU has a huge fan base in the area as well, and BYU draws better TV ratings for ESPN than Utah will. ESPN co-owns the LV Bowl, so it does matter. Especially with the LV Bowl losing its title sponsor after last year--again--and scrambling to get a new one. I guarantee that the title sponsor will have a say in it, and BYU will end up in LV once again. And it will be about $$--tickets sales and TV's on. Utah can not offer what BYU can that way.