Holy Crap ... Really Max Hall?

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
BoiseBYU
All Star
Fan Level: BYU Fan
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: Holy Crap ... Really Max Hall?

Post by BoiseBYU »

After winning a nailbiter and then calling the other team, school, and all of its fans classless is, well, classless. Poor form Max. Should have just let the scoreboard do the talking....

Italics
Heisman Winner
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Post by Italics »

craigoscarson wrote:I'll take his 4th down pass to Collie and his winner to George the last 3 years. He can finish as the winningest Dbag in BYU history as long as he beats the Utes.

His incompetence on the field was inconsequential. When it mattered the most, he delivered.

He won't be on the field next year; so he can say what he wants. It's a rivalry and things get heated, let the boy rant.

I hate Utah too and I think their fans are classless and fair weather. They travel poorly and rarely give BYU credit for anything.
If the U of U blew up tommorrow I wouldn't shed a tear.
Big deal, this is the nature of a rivalry.
+1.

:utard: fans are just trying to find any way to relieve the pain. I guess getting hammered just doesn't do it anymore after this happening to them 3 of the last 4 years. :lol:

The more I see... the less I believe
The more I hear... the less I care
Matty-B
Junior

Post by Matty-B »

ttexastim wrote:
Matty-B wrote:
ttexastim wrote:You spew that crap AFTER the game and a win?? You just increased a few notches on my d-bag meter.

Does he realize that he just said he hates a few very great members of the church? I'm glad his last game with us had him looking worse at passing then his freshman, only started 4 games, counterpart.

Sorry for the disparaging comments on your board, but seriously ... you put that out there after a win? I guess he's pissed cuz he looked incompetent tonight.
Gotta be it. Though, I'm pretty sure if my family had beer dumped on them it would be hard for me to keep my mouth shut.
I think he and Bauman are full of crap on their beer stories. Some Ute snuck beer into the stadium, and decided to throw it, rather than drink it? I just don't see that happening. I might also add that I was in the marching band up there, and sat at every game, and have never seen a beer throw with my own eyes.

What bothers me the most is that this guy is giving firesides, and people have their young men looking up to him, and he represents the church by spewing that he hates a group of people and an entire organization? Isn't he supposed to rise to a higher standard. Why not just celebrate a win.
Don't get too out of hand here. Even though Max didn't choose his words wisely, I'm positive when he said "whole school or organization" or whatever, that he was NOT thinking about apostles and the Huntsman center and all it's patients too. Pretty sure he's talking about thins somewhat related to football.

BTW, My boss (a big Ute fan) told me that last year he saw beer BOTTLES ... glass bottles being thrown at BYU fans leaving the stadium a couple minutes early. He said that in that instance he was embarrassed for UTES because the fans targeted was a family with young children. It happened.... lots of people in a stadium for you to keep your eye on

ABYUFAN
Pro
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by ABYUFAN »

Whatever. Do you really think it's bad for him to "hate" his rival? You really think that he is out of line for calling them "classless" when the day before they (you guys) were making snide comments about his interceptions... I have ZERO problems with his statements. The same stuff comes from Ute players toward BYU does it not? I've never called them classless for that - it's part of the rivalry

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
Last edited by ABYUFAN on Sat Nov 28, 2009 10:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BroncoBot
Retired

Post by BroncoBot »

ttexastim wrote:
Matty-B wrote:
ttexastim wrote:You spew that crap AFTER the game and a win?? You just increased a few notches on my d-bag meter.

Does he realize that he just said he hates a few very great members of the church? I'm glad his last game with us had him looking worse at passing then his freshman, only started 4 games, counterpart.

Sorry for the disparaging comments on your board, but seriously ... you put that out there after a win? I guess he's pissed cuz he looked incompetent tonight.
Gotta be it. Though, I'm pretty sure if my family had beer dumped on them it would be hard for me to keep my mouth shut.
I think he and Bauman are full of crap on their beer stories. Some Ute snuck beer into the stadium, and decided to throw it, rather than drink it? I just don't see that happening. I might also add that I was in the marching band up there, and sat at every game, and have never seen a beer throw with my own eyes.

What bothers me the most is that this guy is giving firesides, and people have their young men looking up to him, and he represents the church by spewing that he hates a group of people and an entire organization? Isn't he supposed to rise to a higher standard. Why not just celebrate a win.
You're right, that is unbelievable. ;)
Don't sweat it too much TTT.

Gunk
Over-Achiever

Post by Gunk »

What a great stamp to put on the end of your career, Max...

For the "winningest" QB in BYU history that was a "loser" comment. No need to comment on what everybody already knows.

I'm curious what he would have said if BYU lost, because they sure had his number today IMO.

Follow me to nowhere twitter.com/gakunkel
Matty-B
Junior

Post by Matty-B »

For Max hall's sake I hope he passes for 400+ yards and 6+ TDs in his last college game.

frdbtr
Over-Achiever

Post by frdbtr »

Hmmmm, this actually explains a lot. Max has his worst game of his career tonight. Max usually plays badly when he lets his emotions get the better of him.

BroncoBot
Retired

Post by BroncoBot »

I just read Hall's comments and the only thing I really have a problem with is this-

"They didn't deserve it. It was our turn, and our turn to win. We deserved it. We played as hard as we could tonight. "

It was our turn?
They didn't deserve it? And why did you?

This is the type of attitude I've seen out of Hall from time to time. Sometimes he really thinks that he just deserves something instead of getting the job done. Fortunately tonight he DID get the job done. But I agree with BoiseBYU, let the scoreboard do the talking. THat's the best smack you can dish out. I don't really care about your personal vendetta against the University of Utah.

Italics
Heisman Winner

Post by Italics »

frdbtr wrote:Hmmmm, this actually explains a lot. Max has his worst game of his career tonight. Max usually plays badly when he lets his emotions get the better of him.
Worst game of his career was LAST year's game against the :utard:

His stats weren't amazing tonight, and he made some poor passes, but he didn't make any poor DECISIONS, and that was huge. This just goes to prove that if we could just refrain from turning the ball over (which we didn't do at all tonight), we could have possibly gone undefeated at one point in the last few years.

The more I see... the less I believe
The more I hear... the less I care