Holy Crap ... Really Max Hall?

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
urroner
Heisman Winner
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: Holy Crap ... Really Max Hall?

Post by urroner »

I think that something we don't know about got him all riled up, but I also think that he's going to regret saying those things and hopefully he'll apologize.

Where the hell am I going and why am I in this handbasket?
frdbtr
Over-Achiever

Post by frdbtr »

Italics wrote:
frdbtr wrote:Hmmmm, this actually explains a lot. Max has his worst game of his career tonight. Max usually plays badly when he lets his emotions get the better of him.
Worst game of his career was LAST year's game against the :utard:

His stats weren't amazing tonight, and he made some poor passes, but he didn't make any poor DECISIONS, and that was huge. This just goes to prove that if we could just refrain from turning the ball over (which we didn't do at all tonight), we could have possibly gone undefeated at one point in the last few years.
You are right, I forgot about last year :bug: Second worst game of his career. He had his 3 worst games against utah statistically

Italics
Heisman Winner
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Post by Italics »

frdbtr wrote:
Italics wrote:
frdbtr wrote:Hmmmm, this actually explains a lot. Max has his worst game of his career tonight. Max usually plays badly when he lets his emotions get the better of him.

His stats weren't amazing tonight, and he made some poor passes, but he didn't make any poor DECISIONS, and that was huge. This just goes to prove that if we could just refrain from turning the ball over (which we didn't do at all tonight), we could have possibly gone undefeated at one point in the last few years.
You are right, I forgot about last year :bug: Second worst game of his career. He had his 3 worst games against utah statistically
and still won 2 of them. What does that tell you about the :utard:

The more I see... the less I believe
The more I hear... the less I care
frdbtr
Over-Achiever

Post by frdbtr »

urroner wrote:I think that something we don't know about got him all riled up, but I also think that he's going to regret saying those things and hopefully he'll apologize.

I hope not. He had a reason for saying them. Usually your first reaction is the one that is the most truthful. I don't believe in apologizing for what you say, unless you are being hateful to a friend or relative. But he is not singleing out anyone.

frdbtr
Over-Achiever

Post by frdbtr »

Italics wrote:
frdbtr wrote:
Italics wrote:

and still won 2 of them. What does that tell you about the :utard:

the 2 that he won, he didn't hurt the team with his poor play. Throwing 5 interceptions was just unbelievable.

Mithrandir
Recruit
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Post by Mithrandir »

I'd never have said it in front of a large radio audience, but I agree with most of what he said. I know some awesome guys who also happen to be UTE fans, but too many Utah fans are Utah fans only because they hate mormons and by extension BYU. That's why the rivalry is so heated...there are religous and cultural implications wrapped up in it. It's not just a sports contest to alot of people.

I don't think Max is saying anything that most BYU fans haven't thought to themselves countless times. I second Max's coments.

"There are many powers in the world, for good or for evil. Some are greater than I am. Against some I have not yet been measured. But my time is coming.”
ABYUFAN
Pro

Post by ABYUFAN »

frdbtr wrote:
urroner wrote:I think that something we don't know about got him all riled up, but I also think that he's going to regret saying those things and hopefully he'll apologize.

I hope not. He had a reason for saying them. Usually your first reaction is the one that is the most truthful. I don't believe in apologizing for what you say, unless you are being hateful to a friend or relative. But he is not singleing out anyone.
I agree! Collie was too righteous with "magic happens", now Hall is classless calling them out. Either you don't want to have the players say anything, or you shut them up by winning the game

Ddawg
All Star
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by Ddawg »

ttexastim wrote:
Matty-B wrote:
ttexastim wrote:You spew that crap AFTER the game and a win?? You just increased a few notches on my d-bag meter.

Does he realize that he just said he hates a few very great members of the church? I'm glad his last game with us had him looking worse at passing then his freshman, only started 4 games, counterpart.

Sorry for the disparaging comments on your board, but seriously ... you put that out there after a win? I guess he's pissed cuz he looked incompetent tonight.
Gotta be it. Though, I'm pretty sure if my family had beer dumped on them it would be hard for me to keep my mouth shut.
I think he and Bauman are full of crap on their beer stories. Some Ute snuck beer into the stadium, and decided to throw it, rather than drink it? I just don't see that happening. I might also add that I was in the marching band up there, and sat at every game, and have never seen a beer throw with my own eyes.

What bothers me the most is that this guy is giving firesides, and people have their young men looking up to him, and he represents the church by spewing that he hates a group of people and an entire organization? Isn't he supposed to rise to a higher standard. Why not just celebrate a win.
Who cares what you think! Go suck a rotten egg & go away. See ya next hear loser!

I don 't feel too generous after all the crap & insults I've had to put up with over the years from you Yewt pigs. Go pretend to be insulted somewhere else!!!!

CAFB_04-12
All-American

Post by CAFB_04-12 »

I've said it before and I'll say it again. In 2000 I was in the marching band (last miracle for Lavell game) and one of the band members had to leave the stands to get stitches as a result of a beer/soda can/bottle that was thrown into the band stands. The long walk through the parking lot was actually scary, and if I didn't have the rest of the band to blend into I would have been worried.

No doubt that BYU fans can get testy. But nobody will ever convince me that drunk Utah fans (even if they arrive drunk since I don't think they sell beer at RES) are not more dangerous.

Credit to Max, he held this in for an entire year and finally vented AFTER the game. It was his last game and he won't have to worry about it. The rivalry has become bitter, and Max nailed it, it's because of the fans that hide behind screen names and won't man-up and take responsibility for the hatred they sprew online. Just look at the personal fouls that continued into the second half. This is simply how Utah plays BYU.

Cougy_Monster
Sophomore

Post by Cougy_Monster »

I laughed out loud when I read Max's comments. That's going down in history.

You can call it inappropriate or an emotional outburst or the painful truth, but no matter how you look at it you have to admit it was pretty funny.

I have a lot of Ute friends, and they're great. But I have the same visceral reaction against yewt athletics that Max so eloquently described today. On a similar note, I've also come across so much disgusting cultural and religious bigotry during my educational and professional encounters with the Univ of Utah hospital that my dislike extends far beyond athletics.

I hear ya Max. I wouldn't have said it myself, but I won't fault you for it either.