Holy Crap ... Really Max Hall?

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
Matty-B
Junior
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: Holy Crap ... Really Max Hall?

Post by Matty-B »

Is this a sports forum or a a pre-sunday school chat? I kinda come here to talk football and get my religious fill elsewhere.

I know some cross referencing is unavoidable but... I just don't see how the WWJD thing works with football. I think He might think it to be a waste of time.

byutx
All-American

Post by byutx »

Ute fans can cry and moan about this all they want. We all know that the wicked take the truth to be hard.

As to the ridiculous notion that ute fans don't smuggle in booze or throw drinks, I've seen alcohol at EVERY game I've attended at Rice-Eccles and I PERSONALLY saw half-full water bottles thrown at BYU fans and players TODAY and drinks thrown at and poured onto Cougar fans and players.

There are some wonderful ute fans, but the beer stories and the "John Beck gave my son herpes" signs speak for themselves. Losers. It's nice to have a SCOREBOARD to point to in order to back up Max's and our point.

ABYUFAN
Pro
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by ABYUFAN »

snoscythe wrote:I personally take issue with the entire premise of this thread. It is founded upon the presumption that crap can be holy. I have yet to be convinced of the divinity of crap, so until I am convinced otherwise, I refuse to participate in a holy crap thread.
The way I see it, if there's eating in heaven then there'll be holy crap.

craigoscarson
Pro

Post by craigoscarson »

So you get clemency just because you can throw a football?

No need for clemency; we're in no position to dole out punishment to Max. He's entitled to his opinion; and it's an opinion that many of us share. This is football, not relief society.

Now go iron your skirt for church tommorrow.

ABYUFAN
Pro

Post by ABYUFAN »

Matty-B wrote: I just don't see how the WWJD thing works with football. I think He might think it to be a waste of time.
Unless BYU is playing ;) This is, after all, HIS school! :P

BYUTIME
Recruit
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by BYUTIME »

ABYUFAN wrote:
BYUTIME wrote: And BTW, since I can't see any church authority making a similar public statement, I don't think Max's comments were ok.
That's kind of a weird standard to live by.. what level of Authority is it safe to go by? 70? Cause I'm sure there are many things George P. Lee has said that I'd have a problem with...
Just b/c there have been a few fallen church authorities, I don't you should dismiss the rest of them as examples.

BYUTIME
Recruit
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by BYUTIME »

craigoscarson wrote:

No need for clemency; we're in no position to dole out punishment to Max. He's entitled to his opinion; and it's an opinion that many of us share. This is football, not relief society.
Isn't he a standard bearer for our church?

ABYUFAN
Pro

Post by ABYUFAN »

BYUTIME wrote:
ABYUFAN wrote:
BYUTIME wrote: And BTW, since I can't see any church authority making a similar public statement, I don't think Max's comments were ok.
That's kind of a weird standard to live by.. what level of Authority is it safe to go by? 70? Cause I'm sure there are many things George P. Lee has said that I'd have a problem with...
Just b/c there have been a few fallen church authorities, I don't you should dismiss the rest of them as examples.
Nope, what I'm saying is that you need to decide right and wrong for yourself. You cannot live on borrowed light. Something will be right or wrong of its own accord, not because someone or a group of someones would or wouldn't say it.

ABYUFAN
Pro

Post by ABYUFAN »

BYUTIME wrote:
craigoscarson wrote:

Isn't he a standard bearer for our church?
No

he's most certainly not. He's a very talented football player who currently plays for the right team.

Italics
Heisman Winner

Post by Italics »

c'mon guys, getting into all this religious crap (and I call it crap, because that's what is it. There is no spiritual value to discussions like this) is part of what destroyed the other forum that shall not be named. Can we please try and avoid that here?

The more I see... the less I believe
The more I hear... the less I care