Best quote after the game

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
doublej
Recruit
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Best quote after the game

Post by doublej »

"What are you doing I'm a woman." Im sorry that anyone gets hit or hurt while at LES but lets face it she was pissed by the loss and wanted to start something that was nothing. 2 news fell into her bs and lost more credibility. She said she was there and there was a scuffle right in front of her and he raised his elbow. Sounds like an accident and she knew it was an accident. Why respond with that quote it makes no sense. If I had to guess it probably was more like "watch out!! you ___ ___ ___ ." The guy feeling like it was typical smack yelled shut up. Her choice words to 2 news makes us all believe she was so innocent in the whole thing and the guy was happy it happened.

I dont know, that quote just is hillarious and I doubt she said it like that. No I wasnt there but I was on the field and there was not much room and anyone in a scuffle is bound to accidently hit someone else possibly without even knowing it.

Im sorry she was hit im also sorry 2 news has the need to portray BYU fans as classless any way they can. Every time the pukes come here they do this.

Italics
Heisman Winner

Re: Best quote after the game

Post by Italics »

I've lost a lot of respect for Whit's wife, especially considering all the completely BS stories the utard fans were making up after the game.

I wish a Ute would come on the board right now and explain why on their message forums EVERYONE was talking about the (now we know completely made up) story of a BYU fan taping her kids crying, her stopping him, and then him punching her. Completely made up... but the Ute fans were in a huge uproar about it, and strange, I don't see them mentioning that story anymore.... and yet somehow BYU fans get the reputation of making up stories of what opposing fans have done. Riiiiiiiiiiight.

The more I see... the less I believe
The more I hear... the less I care
Wickchad
All-American
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by Wickchad »

An individual, who claims to be friends with the fan involved, called 1280 this morning and said the other side to the story was that her son took a BYU fan's blackberry (his friend's brother's phone) and threw it into the stands. So they grabbed Whit's son to take him to a police office. Someone else tried to free Whit's son and a BYU fan tried to get that guy off of his friend. At which point, allegedly, Whit's wife jumped on the back of the BYU fan trying to pull him away from her son.

Hans Olson didn't let the caller go much beyond that. But the caller said that there would be a police report filled on Whit's son for the Blackberry as well as another camera which he allegedy broke from another BYU fan. I guess if a police report was filled there would be some evidence of this actually happening. Hans said that he has received text messages in regards to what happened from his sources and they do not match this story.

I guess my main point out of all of this would be: Why the hell do you have your wife on the sideline of the BYU-Utah game!? Especially when you are the visiting team.

Wickchad
All-American

Post by Wickchad »

Italics wrote:I've lost a lot of respect for Whit's wife, especially considering all the completely BS stories the utard fans were making up after the game.

I wish a Ute would come on the board right now and explain why on their message forums EVERYONE was talking about the (now we know completely made up) story of a BYU fan taping her kids crying, her stopping him, and then him punching her. Completely made up... but the Ute fans were in a huge uproar about it, and strange, I don't see them mentioning that story anymore.... and yet somehow BYU fans get the reputation of making up stories of what opposing fans have done. Riiiiiiiiiiight.
This caller on 1280 said that they were taking pictures of Utah fans flipping them off, not the crying children. My guess is this is what got everyone so pissed off that was involved in the incident.

Italics
Heisman Winner

Post by Italics »

Wickchad84087 wrote:
Italics wrote:I've lost a lot of respect for Whit's wife, especially considering all the completely BS stories the utard fans were making up after the game.

This caller on 1280 said that they were taking pictures of Utah fans flipping them off, not the crying children. My guess is this is what got everyone so pissed off that was involved in the incident.
different versions of the story = false story.

The more I see... the less I believe
The more I hear... the less I care
CAFB_04-12
All-American

Post by CAFB_04-12 »

okay, nobody should punch anybody on the field after the game. Anyone who hits a woman for any reason is a coward.

AND...

what was Whittingham's wife doing on the field after the game? Was she already sideline? If so, that would be understandable. If she went down on the field from her seat in the stands then bumps and bruises are to be expected.

BUT...

anyone who intentionally hits a woman is trash and a coward.

gmj81
Junior
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by gmj81 »

The only place that the references the "photographing of Whit's crying children" is pukefans.net. Even the puke-biased media who is reporting a bit or two refuses to run with that story. What's more, we have all we need to know from she-Whit herself and the Puke-PR lady. She said with her own mouth that she walked behind someone that was already in a fight with another puke fan and got accidentally hit by an elbow. The puke PR person said she was down on the field. There was absolutely no reason for her to be down there.

I don't doubt she may have gotten a fat lip (nobody's fault but her own) but the rest of the story is bogus. She's been part of the rivalry long enough to know what goes on it. Shoot, she and her "classy" children have even stoked the rivalry fires themselves:

And that's not taking things too far? Or how was Scalley's comments back in '04 any different that Max's? I don't care if the they were said behind closed doors or not. They still were captured on film and got out, probably were put out by none other than the pukes themselves, and not only did he use the word "hate" but he dropped the f-bomb too. 2 News flashed a clip of Max dropping the f-bomb on their "highlights" I gauarantee you just to stick it to BYU, the church and Max Hall. But apparently Morgan Scalley, a member and RM himself, is beyond the same reproach.
Last edited by gmj81 on Mon Nov 30, 2009 1:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lawboy
Over-Achiever
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by Lawboy »

When all is said and done on this one I think we will learn that--again--a Ute started it, escalated it, then blamed BYU for the whole thing. I really get tired of this to. Yeah, BYU fans do stupid things to--see cheerleader beat down--but the norm for the rivalry is Ute fans acting much more poorly than BYU fans, then blaming it all on BYU taking zero responsibility.

Mars
Retired

Post by Mars »

gmj81 wrote: She and her "classy" children have even stoked the rivalry fires themselves:
Can Whittingham's daughter dressing up like a whore really count as a costume?
Okay, I've gone too far, and I apologize. My comment, unlike Max's, was too specific. I meant, "can ANY Utah coed"...

Mars Cauthon, Prince of the Cougars!
Resident board douchebag.
https://twitter.com/#!/eldermars
Wickchad
All-American

Post by Wickchad »

CAFB_04-12 wrote:AND...

what was Whittingham's wife doing on the field after the game? Was she already sideline? If so, that would be understandable. If she went down on the field from her seat in the stands then bumps and bruises are to be expected.
Channel 2 said that she stands on the sidelines for the games. I don't know if that means all games (including road game) or just their home games. I also don't know if she has her family with her on the sideline all game. From the picture they were showing of Whit's mother (wearing the indian feather hat-thingy) it looked like she was sitting in the stands so I don't know if it was the whole family or just his wife on the sideline for the game.