BYU close to offering Snow Safety

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
Mars
Retired
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: BYU close to offering Snow Safety

Post by Mars »

CougarClaw wrote: Heya Ryan, Welcome to the board. Hope you're as good as advertized.
Perhaps you are trying to be funny, but there's no need to be rude to a newcomer with solid information.

Mars Cauthon, Prince of the Cougars!
Resident board douchebag.
https://twitter.com/#!/eldermars
Lawboy
Over-Achiever
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by Lawboy »

**BUMP**

From Jay Drew interviewing Coach Hill on the safety needs for next year:

A junior, Logan will be back next year along with fellow corner Brandon Bradley and junior safety Andrew Rich. Hill said there’s a slight possibility that Bradley could be cross-trained at safety in case the Cougars don’t find a suitable replacement for the graduating Scott Johnson.
The coach said getting faster is an offseason priority, as it always is, but that it will be more important to find a guy with the smarts to learn the position. But he’s confidence next year’s defense will be at least as good as this year’s.

http://blogs.sltrib.com/byu/index.php?p ... &tb=1&pb=1

I like this possibility. Bradley could make for a stud safety, and let Aguirre play corner, with great back ups in Eason and Buckner. I like this depth.

By the way, while the football program may only have a certain number of scholarships to offer, that does not prevent players from taking academic scholarships and increasin ghe total number allowed. Also, you can split scholarships up and offer partials as well. So there are options to making it work.

Wickchad
All-American
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by Wickchad »

Lawboy wrote:**BUMP**

From Jay Drew interviewing Coach Hill on the safety needs for next year:

A junior, Logan will be back next year along with fellow corner Brandon Bradley and junior safety Andrew Rich. Hill said there’s a slight possibility that Bradley could be cross-trained at safety in case the Cougars don’t find a suitable replacement for the graduating Scott Johnson.
The coach said getting faster is an offseason priority, as it always is, but that it will be more important to find a guy with the smarts to learn the position. But he’s confidence next year’s defense will be at least as good as this year’s.

http://blogs.sltrib.com/byu/index.php?p ... &tb=1&pb=1

I like this possibility. Bradley could make for a stud safety, and let Aguirre play corner, with great back ups in Eason and Buckner. I like this depth.

By the way, while the football program may only have a certain number of scholarships to offer, that does not prevent players from taking academic scholarships and increasin ghe total number allowed. Also, you can split scholarships up and offer partials as well. So there are options to making it work.
One flaw in your logic for Bradley to Safety... he can't tackle!

I'd move Chambers to safety if you could talk him into it.