BYU Commit Named "Mr. Utah 2009"

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
Mars
Retired
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

BYU Commit Named "Mr. Utah 2009"

Post by Mars »

Congrats to Bingham High's OL Tuni Kanuch!

You really should read the awesome article on him: http://www.deseretnews.com/article/7053 ... .html?pg=1

"what Kanuch meant to the 5A state champion Miners can't be measured in any statistics or even highlight film. He led his team with words and by example, and who would question a teammate that stands 6-foot-3, weighs 300 pounds, squats 615, benches 405 and runs a 4.9 40 anyway?

...The Miners don't keep track of knockdown blocks, or what some people refer to as pancakes. If they did, Peck is certain that Kanuch would be the school's all-time leader in the category. He usually had double-digit knockdowns in individual games, which is simply a staggering number. "I will say he's the most devastating blocker that I've ever coached," Peck said. "I guarantee he has more knockdowns than any kid I've ever been involved with. He just gets after it."

Kanuch has orally committed to play at BYU and will sign with the Cougars in February. He expects to continue to play on offense, but BYU is known to shuffle players around and Kanuch could end up as a defensive player. Peck wouldn't have minded using Kanuch on the defensive side of the ball, and he thinks Kanuch would have preferred to play over there. But Kanuch did what Peck thought was best for the team, as the Miners try to build their offensive line first with their big guys, and then move over to defense. "We knew that Tuni was our best kid," Peck said."

Mars Cauthon, Prince of the Cougars!
Resident board douchebag.
https://twitter.com/#!/eldermars
Y&Brit
Freshman
Fan Level: BYU Fan
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: BYU Commit Named "Mr. Utah 2009"

Post by Y&Brit »

Another one?