BYU Receiving Corps

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
Schmoe
Retired
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: BYU Receiving Corps

Post by Schmoe »

Is Brett Thompson going on a mission? I look for this kid to be the next big name receiver out of BYU: great size and athleticism, good routes, and heart. He comes out of the same high school as the Collie boys and might be able to become an adopted brother if he plays up to his potential :evil:

I'm just a regular, everyday normal guy,
I can't afford a car, I use public transportation,
I don't mind, I read till I reach my destination,
sometimes a newspaper, sometimes a book,
the money I save, this stuff is off the hook,
craigoscarson
Pro

Post by craigoscarson »

Schmoe wrote:Is Brett Thompson going on a mission? I look for this kid to be the next big name receiver out of BYU: great size and athleticism, good routes, and heart. He comes out of the same high school as the Collie boys and might be able to become an adopted brother if he plays up to his potential :evil:
He used to date their sister too; he's very close to the Collie family.

gmj81
Junior
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by gmj81 »

Yes, at least that was the latest news on if he's planning on a mission. That said, there were quite a few kids who I seem to recall had mission plans but may have changed their minds. I've Heimuli might be rethinking it and Wilson isn't going. But I have to imagine that the staff asks these kids when they commit if they have mission plans and how sure they are about them just so they can plan for future recruiting classes.

jonnylingo
All Star
Fan Level: Don't Like BYU

Post by jonnylingo »

Short_Change wrote:
CougarClaw wrote:also don't forget that Ashworth dropped a TD pass in the endzone and also a wide open 3rd down conversion. Two major drops.

It's unfortunate that max had to run so much during the U game, but give him credit for gaining yards when no one was open.
I don't think you can call that pass in the endzone a dropped ball. Had Max thrown it better it would have easily been a TD. Even if he catches it i'm not sure he's inbounds anyway. Max was off all night and was not very accurate. Even some of the "drops" were bad passes and had they been thrown more accurately would have been easy completions.
I disagree. That ball was in the only place it could have been caught without getting intercepted. It was a perfect pass. Too much more the other way and he would not have been able to catch it. too much more the opposite way and it would have been intercepted. Max put it on the money. the receiver just didn't come down with a difficult grab.

Schmoe
Retired

Post by Schmoe »

It's pretty tough to catch when it hits you in the hands like that, haha. Seriously, it was a tough grab to make, but it was a catchable ball. Ashworth failed to make a great play, but he's been a solid receiver and no one performs at 100% all of the time.

I'm just a regular, everyday normal guy,
I can't afford a car, I use public transportation,
I don't mind, I read till I reach my destination,
sometimes a newspaper, sometimes a book,
the money I save, this stuff is off the hook,
gmj81
Junior
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by gmj81 »

Even the great Austin Collie had his less than stellar moments. A handful of them actually during that UW game that made the final score a lot closer than it needed to be.