Alright, All you 16 team playoff Honks!!!

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
imuakahuku
All-American
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: Alright, All you 16 team playoff Honks!!!

Post by imuakahuku »

mormonrasta wrote:
imuakahuku wrote:
mormonrasta wrote:
Lawboy wrote:Why can't we have 5 at large teams?
Having 5 "at large" teams (or more) would undermine the accomplishments of the respective conference champions of the conferences that the "at-large" teams come from.

It puts champion and nonchampion on the same plane which should not happen in a playoff situation trying to determine the best team in the country.
So Fla is lower than Texas? Or had Tx lost to Neb they should be lower than Neb? Too much wiggle room in that thought for me.

I really enjoy March Madness, and would be very dissappointed if they only included conf champs.
What are playoffs supposed to do? The answer is find the best team in a given year.
What is the game supposed to do? Provide the most entertainment while generating an acceptable (to the investors) amount of revenue. This year the system has shown that it is more concerned with the revenue aspect than the entertainment value of it. They are evidently willing to take a loss or at least less revenue in the short run than allow for larger losses or more sharing in the future based on that last week. Having Cinn jump TCU and then matching TCU and BSU show to what lengths they will go to ensure that a BYU never happens again. Because if it does it will prove the BCS is based on false principles and would be the undoing of the cartel.
Oh and I suggest that the purpose of the game superceeds the purpose of the playoffs.