ND gets Kelly as coach

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
SpiffCoug
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: ND gets Kelly as coach

Post by SpiffCoug »

We'll see. The fact that he's walked out on his players speaks volumes of what kind of person/coach he is. Urban at least waited until after the bowl game to leave Utah. The deal was done shortly after the regular season, but Meyer didn't leave for Florida until after the parade.

BYU PER W/L Since 1972: 432-76 (.850)
(8.4x
YDS)+(330xTD)+(100xCOM)-(200xINT)
..................ATT
SpiffCoug's posts are BB-8 approved!
tripwire
Sophomore

Post by tripwire »

Mars wrote:
I can't believe he leads his seniors to an undefeated season and then ditches them before their bowl game.

Then again, I guess it's no different than players who leave school early for the NFL. Money comes first.
I lost a lot of respect for Kelly after I heard that. Definitely shows that he is more about the big money than really caring about his players. He couldn't wait a month?

Lawboy
Over-Achiever
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by Lawboy »

I know he met with his players prior to announcing the job, so perhaps they told him to get lost, and that is why he started at ND so soon. The other thing is that this is Cinci's 2nd BCS game in a row, so it is a bit of been there done that too. Plus ND probably required it of him.

Having said that, I just want to congratulate coach Brian Kelly on being the next former coach of the Fighting Irish in the year 2014.

The last 2 coaches searches have shown the Notre Dame is not the job it once was, is not the job Notre Dame thinks it is, and they can not get their man. 2x. The golden dome is turning grey.

Mars
Retired

Post by Mars »

Lawboy wrote: The other thing is that this is Cinci's 2nd BCS game in a row, so it is a bit of been there done that too.
Of course, he DID lose that last one... :whistle:

I think he'll succeed at getting Notre Dame back in the Top 25 consistently though. If a guy can win at Central Michigan, he can win anywhere.

Mars Cauthon, Prince of the Cougars!
Resident board douchebag.
https://twitter.com/#!/eldermars