It appears we have locker room issues

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
Brayden Green
Over-Achiever
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: It appears we have locker room issues

Post by Brayden Green »

BoiseBYU wrote:
BlueIsBetter wrote:
BoiseBYU wrote:
BlueIsBetter wrote:
SpiffCoug wrote:
BlueIsBetter wrote:When the Utes got beat, they got beat by better teams. Who in the Max Hall era would BYU have lost to in this year's schedule?
Hmm... Does Max Hall get injured and we're now playing with Brendan Gaskins or Riley Nelson?

Because if we're playing with one of them, I can think of a few teams a Max Hall-era BYU team would lose to this year.
Well, Max Hall is/was a lot less likely to get hurt, because he had an Oline that would block for him, and they ran quick outs and dump offs to the half back. Even though he played much better competition than anything we have seen the last 5 years. And Gaskins was decent. I personally knew him, he had offers from ASU and other schools.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
Nice sidestep
Not a sidestep, an answer to a question. As an answer, with Gaskins in I don't think we lose to Utah St, I don't think that we lose to UCF (currently losing to Uconn - who is winless against Div 1a teams - as I type), and I don't think we lose to Nevada.

I don't think that we lose to any of those teams with Heaps, either.
Total sidestep. You did not answer Spiff's question but one more to your convenient liking. It is election season, though, and we did win Saturday, so we'll wave off the flag.
You might want to reevaluate your position, friend. His QUESTION was "Does Max Hall get injured and ....?"

My answer, TO HIS QUESTION, was "Max was a lot less likely to get injured because of x and y reasons."

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image

When Brayden posts Kalani be like:

BoiseBYU
All Star
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by BoiseBYU »

Blue, you very well may be right. I at least took Spiff's Q:

"Does Max Hall get injured and we're now playing with Brendan Gaskins or Riley Nelson?

Because if we're playing with one of them, I can think of a few teams a Max Hall-era BYU team would lose to this year"

to ask whether you are properly comparing this year's time w/o Taysom to a Max Hall team without Max. It makes no sense to compare this year's team Anno Hillini (Latin time out) to a Max Hall led team. That at least is the Q I was hoping you would answer. But then again it could be me AND it is after all Spiff's Q. So with that I'll bow out and let things lay as they will lay. Peace out fellow friend

Brayden Green
Over-Achiever

Post by Brayden Green »

BoiseBYU wrote:Blue, you very well may be right. I at least took Spiff's Q:

"Does Max Hall get injured and we're now playing with Brendan Gaskins or Riley Nelson?

Because if we're playing with one of them, I can think of a few teams a Max Hall-era BYU team would lose to this year"

to ask whether you are properly comparing this year's time w/o Taysom to a Max Hall team without Max. It makes no sense to compare this year's team Anno Hillini (Latin time out) to a Max Hall led team. That at least is the Q I was hoping you would answer. But then again it could be me AND it is after all Spiff's Q. So with that I'll bow out and let things lay as they will lay. Peace out fellow friend
:) No hard feelings.

SpiffCoug
TV Analyst

Post by SpiffCoug »

I can concede my question was poorly worded. I was trying to determine if we were examining a Max Hall-era team withouth Max Hall and how that kind of team would do sans Max Hall in a post-Taysom 2014.

For instance, I don't think a 2007-2009 BYU team without Max Hall beats 2014 Utah St or 2014 Boise St team. But I think a similar 2007-2009 team beats UCF and Nevada - in large part because those are two teams, frankly, the 2014 BYU team should have beaten as well.

BYU PER W/L Since 1972: 432-76 (.850)
(8.4x
YDS)+(330xTD)+(100xCOM)-(200xINT)
..................ATT
SpiffCoug's posts are BB-8 approved!
Brayden Green
Over-Achiever

Post by Brayden Green »

SpiffCoug wrote:

I can concede my question was poorly worded. I was trying to determine if we were examining a Max Hall-era team withouth Max Hall and how that kind of team would do sans Max Hall in a post-Taysom 2014.

For instance, I don't think a 2007-2009 BYU team without Max Hall beats 2014 Utah St or 2014 Boise St team. But I think a similar 2007-2009 team beats UCF and Nevada - in large part because those are two teams, frankly, the 2014 BYU team should have beaten as well.
Obviously there is no way of knowing, but with Unga, Fui, Pitta, George, Collie, Reed and a half dozen NFL lineman I would take my chances, even with Gaskins under center.