BYU, ESPN closing in on a new deal

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
Jarhead
All-American
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: BYU, ESPN closing in on a new deal

Post by Jarhead »

hawkwing wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:39 am
Fido wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:36 am
byufan4ever wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 8:44 am
scott715 wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 6:21 am I thought BYU fans were cheap so PPV would not make a lot of money.
Count me out for ESPN+ and PPV. Already costing me $50 for YoutubeTV plus Amazon Prime plut Netlix. I'm at my limit.
Oh, and I thought people got Amazon Prime for free 2-day shipping on stuff rather than for TV content. :whistle:
Jack Ryan, Bosch, and Wheel of Time (coming soon) are all shows on Amazon Prime that alone are worth the cost.
A request to the high king Hawkwing. Can you please make sure they don’t turn the Wheel of Time Series into a game of thrones.

I guess there’s always vid angel.

hawkwing
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by hawkwing »

Jarhead wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 5:39 am
scott715 wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 6:21 am I thought BYU fans were cheap so PPV would not make a lot of money.
Count me out for ESPN+ and PPV. Already costing me $50 for YoutubeTV plus Amazon Prime plut Netlix. I'm at my limit.
Oh, and I thought people got Amazon Prime for free 2-day shipping on stuff rather than for TV content. :whistle:
Jack Ryan, Bosch, and Wheel of Time (coming soon) are all shows on Amazon Prime that alone are worth the cost.
A request to the high king Hawkwing. Can you please make sure they don’t turn the Wheel of Time Series into a game of thrones.

I hope they keep it more family friendly than GoT.

snoscythe
Retired

Post by snoscythe »

hawkwing wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:39 am Jack Ryan, Bosch, and Wheel of Time (coming soon) are all shows on Amazon Prime that alone are worth the cost.
Don't miss Goliath either. Also intrigued by the Dark Tower series and pre-Hobbit series they are working on.

Fido
All Star
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by Fido »

hawkwing wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:39 am Jack Ryan, Bosch, and Wheel of Time (coming soon) are all shows on Amazon Prime that alone are worth the cost.
Do those require additional cost beyond the Amazon Prime subscription to view? That was the big thing that turned me off to Amazon video.

hawkwing
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by hawkwing »

Fido wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2019 12:26 pm
Do those require additional cost beyond the Amazon Prime subscription to view? That was the big thing that turned me off to Amazon video.
Just prime for me.

Jarhead
All-American

Post by Jarhead »

hawkwing wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 8:44 am
Jarhead wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 5:39 am

I hope they keep it more family friendly than GoT.
We're going to get a chance to find out real soon. Hope it's great!