BYU at Boise

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
a1247
Heisman Winner
Fan Level: BYU Fan
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: BYU at Boise

Post by a1247 »

snoscythe wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 5:02 pm
a1247 wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 12:18 pm I was happy to see how upset Kalani was about the 2nd half of last weeks game.
I didn't see that.

I think BYU slammed the playbook shut before halftime. Wilson's TD to Rex came on BYU's third time in a row running the exact same play.

Yes, BYU could've/should've done more in the 2nd half, but the coaches hamstrung them a bit by shrinking the playbook dramatically.
I 100% agree with you on the coach's shutting down the play book. But on byutv after the game they were interviewing Kalani and he was mad. He apologized to the fans for how bad the team played. He said he didn't care if it was backups playing they are all one play away from being starters and they needed to clean it up and play better and stop missing assignments. It was great watching it, it was exactly what everyone was thinking and he came out and said it.

frdbtr
Over-Achiever
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by frdbtr »

EM_Puma wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 11:53 pm
frdbtr wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 9:31 pm This is a major league revenge game for Boise State. We ruined their undefeated season last year. They are going to come out loaded for Bear. BYU better do the same.
I hear ya, but honestly, do you believe that Boise has more motivation than BYU? Yes, we disrupted what would have been probably an undefeated season for them and a NY6 bowl game, but BYU has NEVER won in Boise and has lost some very close games. There's no way Boise has any incentive advantage in this game Friday with the record being 3-7 in favor of BSU.

It will come down to turnovers and precision. BYU can't turn over the ball and they can't miss tackles. We need a game like at Navy, and they can do that if they focus.
My point is that Boise is going to be ready for this game while BYU comes in 7-0 there is a chance they come in "fat and happy". If they do that our undefeated season is over just like Boise's was last year.

EM_Puma
Pro

Post by EM_Puma »

frdbtr wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 4:49 pm
frdbtr wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 9:31 pm This is a major league revenge game for Boise State. We ruined their undefeated season last year. They are going to come out loaded for Bear. BYU better do the same.
I hear ya, but honestly, do you believe that Boise has more motivation than BYU? Yes, we disrupted what would have been probably an undefeated season for them and a NY6 bowl game, but BYU has NEVER won in Boise and has lost some very close games. There's no way Boise has any incentive advantage in this game Friday with the record being 3-7 in favor of BSU.

It will come down to turnovers and precision. BYU can't turn over the ball and they can't miss tackles. We need a game like at Navy, and they can do that if they focus.
My point is that Boise is going to be ready for this game while BYU comes in 7-0 there is a chance they come in "fat and happy". If they do that our undefeated season is over just like Boise's was last year.
That's always a fear, but of all of our opponents this season, I'd be super surprised if the attitude by the Cougar team is to be "fat and happy". Zero wins on the smurf-turf has to scare the bedazzles out of them in going up there.

scott715
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Post by scott715 »

Will this effect our game Friday?

Fido
All Star

Post by Fido »

BroncoBot
Retired
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Post by BroncoBot »

BroncoBot wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 10:35 am

BYU won't have a game like they did against NAVY. Navy is not BSU. I'd love to have the game put away comfortably by halftime, but that likely won't happen.
Well, I was wrong and I apologize. Different feeling game vs Navy, but nearly identical outcome.

Sue me.

I will say I watched the AFA BSU and BSU USU games and would have been pretty disappointed if BYU lost. BSU just doesn't look the same this year.