BYU at Boise

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
BoiseBYU
All Star
Fan Level: BYU Fan
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: BYU at Boise

Post by BoiseBYU »

The way Ada county Covid infections are going, this game will be played before no crowd, and that should be an advantage for BYU. BSU is a tough place normally to play at.

Ygridiron4ever
Freshman

Post by Ygridiron4ever »

BoiseBYU wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 12:03 pm The way Ada county Covid infections are going, this game will be played before no crowd, and that should be an advantage for BYU. BSU is a tough place normally to play at.
The guys at AFR keep saying that for road games, teams get juiced by the ‘negative’ energy from the home crowd. I think Blaine Fowler eluded a couple times that an empty stadium is harder on the visiting team than the home.

"Problems cannot be solved by the same level of thinking that created them." -Einstein
BoiseBYU
All Star

Post by BoiseBYU »

Ygridiron4ever wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 2:03 pm
BoiseBYU wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 12:03 pm The way Ada county Covid infections are going, this game will be played before no crowd, and that should be an advantage for BYU. BSU is a tough place normally to play at.
The guys at AFR keep saying that for road games, teams get juiced by the ‘negative’ energy from the home crowd. I think Blaine Fowler eluded a couple times that an empty stadium is harder on the visiting team than the home.
Perhaps they’re right But then don’t oddsmakers build in points for the home team in predicting scores etc? All I know is when BSU is at capacity and the crow is rocking, I think it jacks the home team up a lot more than the visitors.

scott715
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Post by scott715 »

https://www.mwcconnection.com/2020/9/3/ ... on-preview

There areas of concern are both lines.

scott715
TV Analyst

Post by scott715 »

https://broncosports.com/sports/footbal ... meier/7412

Boise State's QB is the highest rated QB coming out of high school that they've ever signed in the school's history — #6 ranked QB in the nation coming out of high school.

Fido
All Star

Post by Fido »

Hank Bachmeier is OUT today against Air Force possibly due to covid-19. If it is covid, he could also miss next week against BYU.

KingCoug
All-American

Post by KingCoug »

Boise State racked up a ton of points in their win against Air Force but they also gave up a lot too.

This will be a tough, tough game.

"What we're not going to do is start scheduling unintelligently." - Danny White, UCF Athletic Director
Sharper
Recruit
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by Sharper »

I watched a good chunk of their AF game as well. Their offense is pretty legit, but I don't think either defense can stop BYU.

frdbtr
Over-Achiever
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by frdbtr »

If BYU's defense doesn't play better than it did against a really bad Western Kentucky offense, BYU is going to lose in a shootout.

EM_Puma
Pro

Post by EM_Puma »

frdbtr wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 1:45 am If BYU's defense doesn't play better than it did against a really bad Western Kentucky offense, BYU is going to lose in a shootout.
Yeah, what was that all about. Many missed tackles, etc. They didn't give up many points, and that's the bottom line, but a 20-play 74 yard drive taking up 10 minutes 6 seconds is not a good thing. It really limited BYU's scoring ability in the 2nd half. But...once again I'd rather have a game like this as a tune-up for the important game this Friday.

I believe it will come down to our precision in all doing what they need to do and throwing in a different unexpected play or two. BSU will definitely never in their life again not expect a fake-punt.